Lineage 17.1 - FP2

I had some spare-time to between X-mas and new year’s eave and finally jumped to 17.1 with my Fairphone 2 (from LOS 16).

My setup is very simple:

• latest Lineage OS (no gapps)
  • F-Droid priv. extension (OTA is the correct one? had to install the magisk module in addition as it did not work with the extension flashed via TWRP)
  • Magisk - replaced Lineage SU Addon to be able to use some apps which require root
  • AFWall+ as firewall is running

I also face the two issues. Mobile data does not work sometimes, sometimes it does.
I normally de-active Mobile Data when I’m at home and active WLAN. When I leave my flat I do it the other way around.
I also still have random reboots, but I already had them on LOS16 - never really investigated this, as it happens about 1-3 times per week and I somehow live with that even it is a bit annoying.

Most annoying thing with rebooting for me is, that I use Spotify (I get it via from Aurora store and it works fine without GSF) and after every reboot the external SD card on my FP2 needs some time until it is useable after the reboot. Spotify looses all the downloaded music on the sd-card and the only way to fix this is to restore the data (I use OAndBackupX to do so). Now with the additional necessary reboots I have to go through this procedure even more often :-/.

1 Like

I used (and use) this app

Battery Charge Limit

as well, but for me it does not prevent the random reboots. @d2w what it your lower “begin-charging” % value?

In general for me it feels like that the battery lasts a bit longer with LOS 17.1 than with 16 - not sure why.

1 Like

I have entered 80% for “begin-charging”.

I still have Reboots, but not so directly related to the charging.
At the moment, mine has been running for 7 days, it may be that it runs for a few weeks, but it can also be that it is rebooting in the next moment, both has already been experienced.

To everyone facing mobile data not turning ON issue.

Could you please check if you have these errors in the log?:Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Based on that we can try some other things.

2 Likes

So what I tried to capture:

• Turn on FP2 (WLAN and LTE working)
  • Switched Wlan off/on/off; (LTE is Working)
  • Switched Mobile Network off and on; (LTE is not working anymore; Wlan works if turned back on …)

Regarding netmgr I see only these kind of messages:

01-11 18:59:52.031 4319 5914 F libc : Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0x1c in tid 5914 (netmgrd), pid 4319 (netmgrd)
01-11 18:59:52.035 12255 12255 W netmgrd : type=1400 audit(0.0:54): avc: denied { sys_resource } for capability=24 scontext=u:r:netmgrd:s0 tcontext=u:r:netmgrd:s0 tclass=capability permissive=0

Thanks for investigating this and let me know if you want to see the full logcat.

4 Likes

Gaah. How did I not see this before.

The selinux denial does not seem to be the root cause. Netmgrd crashes also with adapted selinux policy.

Trying to kang netmgrd from a different device.

Chris

6 Likes

For people who experimenting data connection problem:

Download proprietary_vendor_oppo/msm8974-common/proprietary/vendor/bin/netmgrd at lineage-17.1 · TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oppo · GitHub

Then

adb root
adb remount
adb push netmgrd /vendor/bin
adb reboot

And report back…

12 Likes

With the first command “ adb root” I have the following error
ADB Root access is disabled by system setting - enable in Settings -> System -> Developer options

rebooting in TWRP first solve the issue :slight_smile:

System patched, seems to works: After enabling/disabling Airplaine mode → Data is there :smiley: .
I’ll use it in the next days and report if something strange happens :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome. Seems to work. Will test a bit more the next days as well.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! The above described procedure in my previous post works with the netmgrd you provided, tested on:

Would be interested in some details, can’t really make sense of comparing those binaries. Is it just a newer version?

2 Likes

That’s nice to hear. Congratulations on the fix.

1 Like

Yes, sorry: you need adb root enabled through the Developer options, yes. You should not need TWRP to do that. Just follow instructions from the error message.

Chris

1 Like

Will this updated binary be included in coming LOS updates :)?

1 Like

I had the issue twice today, so I will try the workaround and report.

If you use Magisk it is to enable in Magisk manager, it won’t appear in the developer options (at least it doesn’t for me).

If people confirm it works, then yes!

Chris

6 Likes

I have a similar issue sometimes when I drive my car into the garage (where I lose my mobile carrier), and go upstairs into my flat afterwards (with WLAN Internet): The FP2 connects to WLAN, but I cannot access the Internet anymore unless I reboot the phone.

Would that fix help in this scenario, too? If yes, I would gladly test the fix. Thanks in advance.

After some days testing I can confirm, switching to mobile data and turning it off and on (or using the flight mode) does not have any influence anymore. I would say the fix works.

As posted here, my setup is very simple.

@DeepSea your issue sounds a bit different. If I get it right, you are not able to access the Internet, after you connect to your home WLAN?

3 Likes

Please try it! Netmgrd crashes so it could also be the case here.

2 Likes

Up and running, thanks, mate! Will keep you posted…

I’m getting super excited to feel I will be able reinstall 17 on my phone! :star_struck:
Thanks!