Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Are you moving to a different location on weekends?

I applied the latest update yesterday, so far it works very well. But of course I can leave the OS as is for two weeks. As soon as the failure occurs again, I will let you know.

1 Like

No. I mostly stay home, and I have my phone connected both to wifi and to mobile data nearly permanently, maybe this could be the cause (though my phone stays connected to wifi and mobile data overnight as well, so…).

1 Like

Do you use a custom dialer app? I have not observed this behaviour a single time. Maybe it could be due to full memory or CPU?

1 Like

Hi, I have similar experiences myself, most of the time it is reasonably fast, but once in a while the phone more or less freezes completely. Feels like some SW is caught in a loop and uses all the phones power, occasionally this results in a crashed app (usually different ones, so not one single perpetrator).
Restart sometimes solves it.

I am running OpenGapps Nano (tried micro in april-june but realized I dont need all those apps so I went with the smaller package)

Guys, my FP2 is broken and I got a new one. I want to install Lineage on it but I don’t want the 17 (the 4G bug drove me crazy to heights I don’t to go back into…).
I had downloaded the latest Lineage 16 … but it’s on the broken FP2 :frowning: and I can’t find it anymore on https://download.lineageos.org/FP2

Does anyone know where I can download it again?

Thanks!

Thanks for the message.

I’m using the standard dialer (com.android.dialer). I’ve also experienced similar frozen screens in some apps, specifically I remember it happening while using the WhatsApp and Wikipedia apps (maybe once/twice a week?). Sometimes I’ll be scrolling through something and the screen will start to stutter, with the left half of the screen lagging behind by a fraction of a second. Most of the time it’s fine, but sometimes the phone will freeze. Next time I have another camera to hand I’ll take a literal screenshot :slight_smile: .

I suppose it could be a memory issue. I’ve checked the memory in the developer options and it seems to read 1.1-1.2 GB used. I’ll keep an eye on that next time it happens.

What app can I use to keep an eye on CPU usage?

@Matthieu

You can download my latest version from here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7yvxgu0w9et42nb/lineage-16.0-20200309-nightly-FP2-signed.zip?dl=1

SHA256: 03679d824e19502349f26f7eba9923fc3c936a32da7d3386fc871fbf8ed8123b
Please check the integrity via sign key.

1 Like

Thanks you @thc! I just flashed it :slight_smile:

Do you compile those yourself or you just kept a kind of mirror on your Dropbox?

Just a kind of mirror.

1 Like

I use termux as terminal app.

1 Like

Ok, updated to the newest build and it’s still horrifyingly slow.
Is there any way to identify if there is any app in the background slowing everything down?

The battery manager is supposed to do this, but it’s not very precise.
I use AccuBattery, from the play store, it gives you precise information about the apps using your battery, how long, how fast, etc… Has been very useful to solve my battery issues.
Otherwise, check the memory of the phone.
As said above, entering su then top in a terminal app or via adb will allow you to check which processes are using your CPU and your memory.

2 Likes

Hi All,
Is there any quick way to contact @chrmhoffmann? I see he’s not active here.

I was trying to play around and have landed up in a native crash. Need his help as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Seen Oct 10 … that’s not exactly inactive, how about a direct message?

#mobiledataissue
I had it again once last week. I noticed one thing: I know when I have the issue because there is a little space on the status bar between the battery and the mobile data icons. Each time I had this little space on the status bar, I had the mobile data issue at the same time, so I think it’s correlated. Can anyone confirm (@DeepSea)?

No, unfortunately not.

Probably. Could you post a screenshot when it occurs again?

1 Like

Sure, if I get it again.

1 Like

Do you remember what you were doing before the crash occured?

1 Like

I have sent a dm on Oct 8th.
Not sure if he’s seen my message or not.

I’ve noticed two things (both in the context of using OsmAnd.

1. The GPS doesn’t seem to work correctly when the display is turned off. I tried the track recording a few times, but it always interrupts when the display is off.
  2. I don’t know if it is LOS or OsmAnd but during the navigation the speak is working now. I haven’t GAPPS installed and for a couple of months the only really good solution was to install Googles TTS engine.
    I know, that until LOS 15.1 (16 too?) there was Pico TTS natively installed but with LOS17.1 it’s gone and no alternative was there.
    When I don’t install a TTS I don’t have an option for TTS in the settings, so I’m not sure if with one of the last updates of LOS17.1 there changed something concerning LOS and TTS.
    Does anybody knows something about this?

By the way: I cant confirm any performance issues. It isnt as smooth at it probably was with Android 5.1. (can’t remember) but we are on Android 10 now and taking this into consideration in my opinion it is still smooth.