Lineage 17.1 - FP2

I have loosen the screws and retightend them just a little, but there was no alteration.
Then I have removed the camera module, with the same result.
After that I have installed the old camera module (with the lower resolution) and that works fine.

So it looks like my camera module is damaged.
But I still wonder why there is no error message and Lineage seem to simply redirect all apps to the selfie camera stealthy.
Now I will order a new camera module and hope that it will work properly.

EDIT:
I just wanted to order a new one, but the 12MP camera is out of stock!

1 Like

Hi, I installed an app - and the error message is:
“API: Internal FirebaseAuth. FIREBASE_AUTH_API is not available.”
How can I install this? Do I have to use GAPPS? Was hoping to avoid this.

Did you install an app or have you tried to install it? Which one?

FirebaseAuth is the Google authentication service, so I guess it needs the GApps (or at least microG).

1 Like

Now I can confirm that both the camera and the torch don’t work. Only difference to before: I removed the SIM card. Annoyingly I’m in a place where I don’t want my SIM card to connect to a local carrier at any chance.

I recognized, that when I choose to save pictures on the SD Card the stock camera app saves the pictures at Android/data/org.lineageos.snap/files.
Not at the DCIM folder.
And when I want to open the folder from within in the camera app it still opens the folder at the internal storage.
Can anyone confirm this two points?

Yes I tried. I confirm both points.

1 Like

This morning just a restart after deactivating the flight mode to get LTE activated. :frowning: That is annoying!
So the problem is still not solved or the Fairphone is just junk.

Steven

I can reproduce the problem that data connection (4G) doesn’t come back after flight mode.
It seems to be random problem, as it works from time to time for me (but most often it does not).

I have no clue how to fix it - asking around…

Chris

7 Likes

It is not your fault. :slight_smile:
Somehow there seems to be an incompatibility with the FP2 and Android 10.

Otherwise, very good work on your part @chrmhoffmann

Steven

1 Like

May I point people interested in LOS 17.1 who are capable of building the ROM to Has anyone tried Seedvault backup with Lineage 17?

My PC just isn’t powerful enough so at the moment I can’t try myself.

1 Like

I noticed that when you go in Settings → System → gestures, there are 2 options that quickly disappear before you can see them. I don’t know if someone else noticed, but I managed to catch a screenshot.

How come? What is it? Why isn’t it implemented in LOS 17.1? Or is it just me?

Unfortunately I had to downgrade to 16.1, because the flight mode is an essential function for me.

@chrmhoffmann: Based on the logcat’s I had the impression that the communication with the modem driver was not working properly anymore. Thanks a lot for your work!

1 Like

By now I reinstalled the old 8MP main camera, due to the 12MP wasn’t recognized anymore an all apps were stealthy linked to the selfie camera instead. The 8MP camera works fine.

Where can I get the latest build of 16.1? I also consider to downgrade, due to me there are too much issues with 17.1 yet.

At https://download.lineageos.org/FP2, go down and choose latest 16.0 build.

2 Likes

Thanks! But maba007 talked about 16.1. Was it a mistake?

It was a mistake. I am now on 16.0.

Hi @chrmhoffmann I think this patch is causing boot issues.
Log says:
07-29 12:57:42.520 0 0 I init : Received control message ‘interface_start’ for ‘android.hardware.gnss@2.0::IGnss/default’ from pid: 225 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
07-29 12:57:42.521 0 0 E init : Could not find ‘android.hardware.gnss@2.0::IGnss/default’ for ctl.interface_start
07-29 12:57:42.521 0 0 I init : Received control message ‘interface_start’ for ‘android.hardware.gnss@1.1::IGnss/default’ from pid: 225 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
07-29 12:57:42.522 0 0 E init : Could not find ‘android.hardware.gnss@1.1::IGnss/default’ for ctl.interface_start
07-29 12:57:42.525 0 0 I init : Received control message ‘interface_start’ for ‘android.hardware.gnss@1.0::IGnss/default’ from pid: 225 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
07-29 12:57:42.526 0 0 E init : Could not find ‘android.hardware.gnss@1.0::IGnss/default’ for ctl.interface_start
07-29 12:57:42.527 0 0 I init : Received control message ‘interface_start’ for ‘android.hardware.gnss@1.0::IGnss/default’ from pid: 225 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
07-29 12:57:42.528 0 0 E init : Could not find ‘android.hardware.gnss@1.0::IGnss/default’ for ctl.interface_start

I am reverting this patch and trying. I’ll update once done. Along with this, there are lot of HAL service errors in init at bootup time.

Coming to the connectivity issues, I observe that netmgrd is continuously crashing. Because of this, battery is also draining heavily as service is crashing and restarting. Could this be the root cause?
Also not only during flight mode, I’m never getting data connectivity.

Let me know your opinion on that.

2 Likes

Confirmed @chrmhoffmann that patch was causing bootloop. I reverted and it is working.

3 Likes