Lineage 17.1 - FP2

Hi. Since I removed OpenGapps by wiping the system partition and reinstalling the operating system, GPS is not working anymore.

Locating in OsmAnd has worked once. I rode my bike and after about 20 minutes it found a position. Since then, the determination of the location in OsmAnd and Google Maps has been unsuccessful…

I’ve installed the latest build: lineageos-20200619-nightly for FP2

I’m not completly sure, but think without GApps the FP only uses GPS to search for location which I would say is always slower and depends a lot on where you are.

MicroG Unified Network Location Provider (UnifiedNlp) is a library that provides Wi-Fi- and Cell-tower-based geolocation to applications that use Google’s network location provider.

Not sure if installing this could help and its not 100% working yet on LOS 17.1 I think…

Overall here are already several issues reported regarding location not working properly…one of the reasons why I’m back on LOS16 for the time being .probably the fact that you deinstalled Gapps has nothing to do with this and it is just a coincidence?

1 Like

This change Telephony: Add option for using regular poll state for airplane mode included in lineage-17.1-20200626-nightly-FP2-signed.zip did also not fix this issue for me.

I confirm you’re right (I’m the main maintainer of the installer you linked)

3 Likes

One observation on WiFi: Since I updated to 17.1 I had large issues with my Home WiFi.
After few minutes of using WiFi, it just stopped working and I could not access anything anymore - but the WiFi icon stayed the same at full signal. I had to disable and enable WiFi to get it back working, but then it would stop after another minute or two.
Now I switched from my 5Ghz WiFi to my 2.4Ghz WiFi and the issues completely went away.
This behavior was the same for the last … 4 builds I tried, and for both modem files.
Maybe someone could look into that…?
Cheers :slight_smile:
taurui

1 Like

Can someone confirm that Bluetooth on/off doesn’t make a difference in terms of RF off?
In the thread about the German Corona tracing app someone noticed that sending beacons doesn’t work with FPOS on the FP2, so I tried with the latest LOS 17.1 and wanted to confirm that it is my phone by switching off BT. But it didn’t want to disappear from the list on the test website. Only when I walked away with the phone it disappeared from the scan results.

Who currently has this “No Mobile Data after flight mode on/off” problem?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

0 voters

1 Like

With the build from May 28th, I had no problems with the mobile data, but will update to build 26.06. today and recheck. I will also install the modem.zip.

I’m on 20200626; more frequently ‘yes’ than ‘sometimes’

1 Like

Where can i find this settings?
Screenshot_20200703-131445_Chrome

Edit: I got it from the current build info (lineage-17.1-20200703-nightly-FP2).

I could imagine that this is only available if both devices (phone and speaker) support it. In FPOS it isn’t available and therefore the modem files I guess don’t have that, either. There was a thread about aptx on the FP2 earlier and someone got it to work with an earlier Lineage version:

I have the latest nightly 20200703 and the latest modem driver 19.11.2 on FP2. Since when I upgraded to lineage OS 17.1, I have a problem with very low volume during a call. Indeed, I have to use speaker in order to listen the other side. Is there any way to fix this?
Thank you

Thank you very much for your answer.
I tried to find a location in the apartment and after 10 minutes still nothing happened. I live in Vienna, so GPS tracking should be successful rather quickly :wink: Won’t MicroG install Google services again? Actually I would like to avoid that.

Finding no location with only GPS indoor, seem quite normal to me, at least with the FP2, I have LOS 16.0 installed with GApps and its the same. Once I turn high precision the FP finds lication within seconds…installing microG does not mean installing Google tools, but replacing some “imporant” Google Features e.g.for location…it somehow fakes “normal Android feeling” without having Google installed…

3 Likes

I’m on 20200703 and I recognize three issues:

• the time set in Settings > Security > Screen lock > Lock after screen timeout doesn’t have any effect (it was mentioned here before for a previous update)

• the main camera is not available

• the torch is not available

Can someone confirm?

Thank you. It’s always amazing what you don’t know. :sweat_smile:
I’ll give it a shot.

Confirm same her, on top of the no mobile data after flight mode/wlan…

1 Like

Didn’t check the screen lock timeout but I cannot confirm the camera and torch issue. Is this with the 12MP camera? I have the old camera module and I would assume that if the camera is not recognized the torch doesn’t work either. So issue 2 and 3 are related.

In the meantime I had to investigate the mobile data issue a little bit: I don’t need the flight mode to not have mobile data available but it is sufficient to just turn off mobile data and turn it on again, then this doesn’t work sometimes. “Sometimes” often means after a restart while after shutting down the phone and booting it up again toggling the mobile data usually works. I could imagine that re-installing the modem files (or anything else) via TWRP has a similar effect on the phone’s state as a fresh start from having been switched off and therefore this has worked for some of us.

1 Like

Can confirm

• screen lock

Can’t confirm

• main camera
  • torch

Both are working, 12 MP camera installed.

2 Likes

Can you actually confirm all three issues? Martin_Anderseck and StephanK can’t confirm the camera and torch issue.

I can’t figure out whether this is a software or hardware error in my FP2.

When I search for torch in the settings and touch on the result, nothing happens. And the torch tile is greyed.
I have installed the new camera module. Not with Open Camera nor with the stock camera app I get an error message. In both there even is no way displayed to toggle between the selfie and the main camera, as if only the selfie camera exists for the software.
So I thought that this should be a software fault.

But when torch and camera are related, as Martin_Anderseck said, this could be a hardware error.

I am confused.