Lineage 17.1 - FP2

I am currently on 20200424, and some time in last month, the update function vanished from the settings menu. How do I now update to 20200529 or later (I will probably wait a bit), without loosing my data?

Sideloading via ADB or flashing via TWRP?

I now have noticed, that my APN was changed. It seems to be changed by the update to 20200529. Since I have reset APN to its old setting and rebooted after that, mobile data works fine yet,. No matter if I reboot, toggle flight mode, toggle mobile data nor toggle between wifi and mobile data.

2 Likes

I updated LineageOS to 20200529 yesterday morning. Since then the time set in Settings > Security > Screen lock > Lock after screen timeout doesn’t have any effect any more. The screen is locked immediately when the display turns off after screen timeout (Settings > Display > Screen timeout).

I can confirm. I have set timeout to 15 seconds, but the screen is locked immediately after the display turns off by its timeout.

2 Likes

To give feedback to myself:

Installed latest Lineageos (20200529) this weekend ( I have OpenGapps micro), initial findings for me is that the phone runs better (I had really bad full-phone freezes resulting in reboot, and or crashed software).

Toggling data and changing sim works without any problem (it also did before this last update, ever since I installed the latest Modem files 19.11.2 that has worked fine.

GPS now works like a charm again, I have had some big issues, most of the time on 20200422 I could not get a lock at all(with GPS Status app I could find and connect to satellites but the phone would not get a location lock, even with reinstall of Lineageos, cache wipe and a wipe of A-GPS data and several reboots). Now the location is found quickly.

4 Likes

Since there are/were issues with GPS: Can anyone test if with the modem files being switched back and forth this issue persists in Lineage OS, too?

In that thread I got one feedback about this in LOS so far and I didn’t have the time yet to do the switch to LOS and try it myself.

Thanks,
Martin

Mobile data would also not connect anymore after turning it off or going to airplane mode.

After flashing the modem files (Github Link) it finally started working.

I also tried resetting the APN settings, but that didn’t seem to do it. Still it may also be required to do that and then restart.

I also flashed the modem files BEFORE upgrading to 17.1, but that doesn’t seem to stick with flashing the zip. So flash it after flashing 17.1

So thanks a lot @mansp!

2 Likes

Re-installing the latest Modem files, even though they were not updated in the meantime, solved the data toggling issue for me as well. Apparently, flashing them after upgrading from to 17.1 does the trick (I hadn’t do that since there was no update).

Thx to @mansp and @nilse for pointing that out!

2 Likes

alarm clock application:
was this implemented again? I always get notification tones when activating and just before the alarm clock rings. annoying!
in addition, the screen no longer appears to simply mute the alarm clock and the display also stays off. Do I have to chew an alarm clock app now?

Before the update to 29052020 the alarm app was already buggy but now it is unusable.

Steven

i use google pico

1 Like

I now use the alarm clock directly from Google. :frowning:
But now everything works as usual.

Thanks for confirming.

There is also an issue about it: screen lock timeout setting has no effect

2 Likes

Not in my case.

Anything I overlooked?

1. adb reboot sideload
  2. adb sideload /path/to/modem-19.11.2_2020-02-11.zip
    Console message says: modem firmware successfully updated
  3. Reboot

thanks for checking

Before 20200529 my stock clock app worked fine, but for 20200529 I can confirm the issues. And there are more around the clock (sorry for the word game):

Sometimes I have two alarm clock Icons in the status bar.

This morning my FP2 woke me up with the notification tone about half an hour before the alarm, although my phone was muted. (I wonder if it will let me sleep this night.)

I have seen, that there is 20200601 available, but my updater does not find it. What is going wrong?

Just download the file from the lineageos website. It is some kind of bug that you don’t see it in the updater.

And then flash it like an upgrade?

4 posts were split to a new topic: What to do with long topics about many issues

Hello,

I report that in the last version (updated 29 may 2020) I cannot connect the mobilephone via USB to the computer…

Thanks!

The phone did not let me sleep due to the randomly notification sound, even though the phone is muted, which seems to be caused by the stock clock app.

I updated to 20200601, what I had to do via adb sideload due to an updater issue. (Hope, it is fixed in this version.) But unfortunately the clock issue isn’t fixed yet. So my FP2 keeps on playing its notification sound randomly.

Hey there,
I am not able to flash / sideload my modem.zip.

I countinouosly run into error no. 7, it (roughly) says: This file is for FP2. Your device is .
I tried it several times using different lineage builds (currently on 20200603). Also updating to the older modem-19.05.2 didn’t work.

Does anybody have an idea on what to do / try?
Thanks in advance!

Which recovery do you use to install the modem.zip?
If TWRP, which version?