Let's have some #fun!

I need to know why it glitches to implement on my company mail account before leaving for vacation…:wink:

1 Like

LOL! Now every time I see my phone when going to sleep I’ll be thinking on this song xD

Just if eve you wonde eading my posts… I have a defective key on my keyboad (9 yea old thinkpad, you know…), and this outputs vey funny texts since it woks only about twice out of thee. I sometimes eead my texts and find it both funny and unneving…

(okay, I admit, I did this one on purpose)

Edit: Oh no, I had made a mistake

3 Likes

No! I haven’t seen anything funny about your posts, though I may now look more intently and it seems totaly possible to type a half decent sentence without having to use the key you seem to have issues with.

I’m beginning to see how missing just a single alphabetical instance can both be challenging and enightening.

Hope you will still be typing on that old machine as the moons wax and wain whilst the seasons come and go until the sun falls out of the sky.

2 Likes

Then you might want to have a look at the french book “La disparition” (the vanishing) written by Georges Perec, a 300 pages book written without the letter e, and the following, “Les revenantes” (the revenants), written with words all containing the letter e :wink:

(congrats for writing your post without using it btw.)

6 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

Is that all ~ that may be expecting a lot from many people it seems, or is that most people ??

I’m installing a FP4 and I’m wondering if anyone could help me to understand the following: Schalten du ein, wenn Sie lieber freischalten möchten, ohne das Telefon aufzuwachen… :thinking:

5 Likes

Is this what you are looking for ?

Blockquote
Tune in if you’d rather unlock without waking up the phone…

Not bad, but not quite, it’s more like …

Power you on, if you’d rather unlock waking up without the phone… :wink:

(The first part is using completely wrong grammar, the middle part is fine, in the last part it’s not the phone that’s supposed to wake up, else it would be “aufzuwecken”.
Automatic translators just have to love German, both DeepL and Google get the last part wrong … although DeepL is able to get the last part for itself right without the context … interesting.)

4 Likes

Just thought I’d share with you this very rare glimpse of 19th Century computing.

Painted in 1879 by Edgar Degas, Edmond Duranty Working at his Computer is a remarkable and very forward-looking work. Of course the only part of the computer that’s shown, is the mouse pad …

Image shows Burrell Portrait of Edmond Duranty

You can see the original work in the Burrell Collection, Glasgow, Scotland.

4 Likes

It’s no wonder that only the mousepad is shown: Edgar Degas and Edmond Duranty were having a video conference and Edgar Degas simply took a screenshot. :point_up:

3 Likes

An impressionist screenshot, now that’s really avant-garde.

Note the all to common gesture with his left hand when things are not going to plan with the claw like right hand trying to grasp at reality.

18+ only

Ehh… Thanks @AlphaElwedritsch, but I’m not sure if I wanted to know that… :sweat_smile:
How to increase the haptic feedback? - #7 by FairphoneHulk

7 Likes

Whenever I hear of the issues with bricked Fairphones related to locked bootloaders, thinking about the pros and cons of locking the bootloader keeps reminding me of the pros and cons of the James Bond car theft protection.

6 Likes

Yes I have dwelt on such ideas, for many scenarios but a) it is illegal to endanger even a thief b) the phone isn’t worth all the trouble.

Oh! and c) it may go off in my pocket.

:boom:

4 Likes

After several problems with my FP3, probably caused by having opened it, and fixed thanks to being able to take it apart to clean it, I remembered an episode of the Simpsons in which Homer toasts to alcohol: the origin and, at the same time, the solution to all his problems!

Cheers to modularity! :beers:

modularity

5 Likes

I’m using E OS

image :question:

No, I’m using Edge, Oh Sh*t
Edge

(It actually also works with Microsoft Edge)

3 Likes

I hope anyone sees what I see.

20 Likes