LED notification not working

Thank you so much Phiwa. If you ever come to my place called Pfalz, i will invite you to a glass of Schorle :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey,
I got the same problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. Not even sure if its a bug or a feature?

@fortuna27167 Sehr gerne, ich behalte das mal im Hinterkopf, falls ich mal in der Gegend bin :wink:

Philipp

While not having the problems you described with no notification at all, I do have the problem of the slow blinking frequency, which directly started after the Update 1.2.8.
I already asked in another thread but no help until now (see below).

I noticed it with the messanger Conversations (see link below) and I noticed it as well with the app “Prof. Reminder”: the LED isn’t influenced by the pulse length settings.

And additionally to a very low frequency of blinking (~once every 3-5sec, disregarded the settings), the LED is just slowly rising, instead of a real, digital “blink” (as it was for sure before the update to 1.2.8 for the Conversations notification…

Can anybody bring light to this behaviour?

I have rooted the phone (and used the updated boot.img) and have GravityBox running.

Link to my other post about this:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fairphone-2-os-version-1-2-8-6-april-2016/16328/75

1 Like

Hello Phiwa,

if it was a feature, it would be a really bad one! Actually, noone needs a permanent notification of their battery being low or loading, do they?
It seems that the LED issue(s!) are far away from being solved. Does anybody know wheather the Fairphone folks do share this perspective? Are they working on it?

Phiwa, thank you so much again! I installed your app today and now everything works just fine.

I have a completely different LED problem. Maybe someone can tell me how to fix it?

After charging my phone, I get a slowly blinking white LED when my screen is off. It doesn’t stop until I take out the battery (rebooting doesn’t fix it).
So I’m stuck with a phone that blinks a bright white light all the time (even when I want to sleep, and thanks to my transparent back cover turning the phone upside down doesn’t help :slight_smile: ). Does anyone have any idea how to stop it? Taking the battery out after every charge is not really a convenient workaround.

I’m quite sure that it’s an app that gives you a notification. Now you have to find out which app it is.

It’s there since the last update. And I don’t see any notification. But I’ll see if I can find out if there is an app that wants to tell me something!

Since the white LED didn’t work before the update, it might be an app that you tried months ago…

1 Like

I closed all running apps (via settings > apps, is there a better way?), but it didn’t work.
None of the apps I checked, has a white blinking notification as far as I can see (I changed colours as much as I could). The app “Light Manager - LED Settings”, which I downloaded trying to solve the previous bug, didn’t help. Deleting this app didn’t work either.

Using the app “LED Tester”, something weird happened. When I try to test “Cyan”, I get a blinking LED that changes colours between red, white and blue. “Yellow” gives me blue and yellow colours.On the other hand, “Disco mode” starts promising with different colours, but after two blinks… it turns to the white blinking LED again!

So I guess I have a broken LED unit? :fearful:

White is a mix of the three available colors red, blue and green. Before the update, the FP2 was’t able to synchonize well the three colors (see here), that’s why it shows this disco mode. I don’t know if the update fixed this issue (I haven’t installed it yet), but if you can see a steady white light, I guess it did.

I don’t think that it’s a hardware problem (all three colours obviously work), just a software going nuts.
Another thing you could try is Settings–>Apps–>[menu]–> Reset app preferences, which resets the preferences for all apps. You’ll lose you’re customizations (notification, background data and “open with” settings) but maybe you’ll also get rid of the white light.

The LED notification is not working on my FP2 too. It’s obviously a bug. Why isn’t this on the list of the known bugs @Douwe?

What specifically isn’t working? No light at all? Only red light? Wrong colours? The update fixed some issues that people were having, but it seems there may be some lingering issues.

Also, which list of known bugs do you mean? There is at least a reference to LED problems on the forum list of bugs and there is one about only red led notifications (but being fixed) in the software report.

Hi @Johannes, my FP2 should show a blue light when it gets a message in WhatsApp and an orange light when there is a new message in Threema. But it doesn’t show anything. I think it’s the same issue that is described in the first post in this thread: No LED notification for messages. The LED works fine with the expected colours when the FP2 is charging. And as blue is no mixed colour it can’t be the mixed colours problem that is in the forum list of bugs or can it?

I was wondering about the software report. There are only two fixed problems with the LED to find. Seems to me they think all problems with the LED would be fixed now.

Interesting. Since the update to 1.2.8 the LED blinks on my FP when there’s a notification (e.g. incoming mail or text message). Though, the notification LED only is white, no matter what color I set it in an app. But beside the color, it is basically working.
The same is true for me on the FPOSOS release.

But this can’t be the issue with the settings @phiwa found out about:

Update: LED notification is working on my FP2. I was just too stupid. Sorry :pensive:!

hello, so what should I do to display my notifications. the light will illuminate only when loading yellow and when the battery is fully green. only message illuminates nothing.

Fp2 OS 1.2.8

the trick with the APP did not work out with me? the only thing is battery always works for me almost empty Battery charging and battery full. maybe there are times an OS update with which it will be fixed or upgraded. depending on whether it is a bug or a feature is! :wink:

René

Great help, Phiwa.
It was nice for me to get a fast fix for my LED notifications being turned off as well, thanks to your effort. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.