LDAC not available, no automatic connection to headphones

Contrary to the specs I can’t get my Sony WH-1000XM3 headset to use LDAC - AptX HD only. Also - when I turn on my headphones (same goes for my Edifier TWS-1 Pro) it doesn’t connect automatically - I need to go to Bluetooth settings, select the proper device and click to connect. It has been like that since I purchased it in November. Both devices were reset to factory settings to troubleshoot.
Current build: FP5.TT40.A.131.20231130

Hi and welcome,

I have no issues with any of my devices with auto connect, unless another device blocks it… My PC e.g. is always “preferred” and kicks the FP out or prevents the connection…

Reg the codecs

Edit: and I would be really suprised when the FP4 supports LDAC and the FP5 not…

Maybe contactsupport as well

about “bluetooth auto connect” i too not have problem with FP5 and followed:

• JLab Epic Air Sport ANC True Wireless (headphones)
  • Wavemaster BASE (desk speaker)
  • Energy System Speaker Eco Beech Wood (portable speaker)
  • Hotaudio/Dasaita V600 PX6 (car radio with Android10)

Hi,

I have the same headphones and the same issue.

I use the “bluetooth codec changer” app to switch to LDAC after connecting the headphones (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amrg.bluetooth_codec_converter).

This is of course more of a workaround than an actual solution.

This seems to have happended to other android phones as well in combination with the Sony WH-1000XM3. Initial post on reddit regarding Nothing Phone 2 (https://www.reddit.com/r/NothingTech/comments/15md9ij/ldac_with_sony_wh1000xm3_headphones_nothing_phone/).

1 Like

So LDAC is a Sony specific codec, and I guess such always has a higher chance to cause issues.

I strongly suggest to contactsupport , maybe they can fix this with an update.

I’ve had similar issues with my wife’s FP5 using a pair of Audio-Technica’s ATH-M50XBT2. It doesn’t allow to change the codec from SBC (AAC and LDAC were shown as options). It started to work as supposed though, after I reset the connection (forget device from bluetooth settings & redo pairing).

I just tried changing the codecs again, LDAC to AAC works well, AAC to SBC works, after that it gets stuck to SBC and I have to pair the devices again. I haven’t had similar problems before.

Similar for me: connection with LDAC only successful if the connection is initiated by the phone. (1more E1001 Triple Driver BT)