Latest blog posts

2 Likes
1 Like

:warning: Regarding tip 3: Please don’t select a file that is on your SD-card as a ringtone. It won’t end well.

4 Likes

It’s nice that they list the improvements that were provided to change the mine from artisanal (completely manual labor) to more semi-industrial operations. What are the environmental risk involved here, I wonder? How does the washing process work?

Is it possible to get a pdf with all the work and audits that there done here? Most of the information is second hand info on “certificates” and “awards”, but it would be nice to know more about the criterias and the situations on site.

As leaked in recent days, the Fairphone-T-Mobile-Austria deal is official now:

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Interesting links / news articles somehow related to FP (collection)

More tips:

2 Likes

“… we could be more realistic about the Fairphone 2 battery; it only has a one-year warranty.”

@anon48893843: Will the Fairphone 1 (FP1 & FP1U) battery continue to come with a two-year warranty?

I just happen to know that @anon48893843 went on holiday last Monday for a fortnight. So he can’t reply at the moment.

A related forum topic for reading more:

2 Likes

Discussion is here:

2 Likes

New blog post :smile:

1 Like

I don’t like that they do so many usability related blog posts lately. These topics should go into support articles and so the blog posts are just bloated support articles (they have some experience in bloating… :wink: ).

As a FP1 user I’m not interested in how I can backup a FP2…

4 Likes

As a FP 2 Open OS user neither am I interested in how to backup the FP2 via Google.
But then again I’m not reading the blog anyway.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Join the discussion here:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Call for testers of Android 4.4alpha for Fairphone 1

For completeness’ sake:

If you feel adventurous and know what the risks are, you can apply to participate in the alpha (and later beta) testing here:

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/call-for-testers-of-android-4-4alpha-for-fairphone-1/19411?u=johannes

And finally, some clarifications for FP1 first edition owners:

3 Likes