K-9 mail stopped working

I am using K-9 Mail on Fairphone 2. It suddenly stopped receiving and sending (cannot make connection) although I can access emails on web mail. The server settings are the same as on my laptop. Assistance would be apprciated.

I was reading your posting in march when you first used K9. Interesting news to me about the original FP2- app for mail. I am using K9 for years without problems. From my provider WEB.de I learned that his cost free account doesnot allow connection every minute. It takes 15 minutes after one connect to reconnect again. Are you sure that you cannot connect after a while ?

Maybe the diagnosis entry in K9 , settings/diagnosis , can record information that you want to share for analysis ?

Web.de has abolished this behaviour before a few years. I experienced this issue in the past, but not in the present. Now I can check my e-mail so often I want.

1 Like

Hi anon9505190,
Thanks for your response. I don’t think it is connection time. I have tried to reconnect many times -Settings - Accounts - Add Account [K-9 has disappeared from this page] - Personal (IMAP) - Email address- Personal (IMAP) - Password (as on my other devices - Port 143 - Security STARTTLS. Result: Couldn’t open connection to server!!

Please remove the STARTTLS and change it to SSL port 993 or TLS port 143 for incoming messages.

For outgoing messages it’s SSL poort 465 / TLS poort 587

Hi Lidwien,

Thanks for replying. On incoming I have port 143 on SSL/TLS (Accept all
certificates). It still will not open a connection. SSL/TLS 993 did not
work either. I am not sure where to find the outgoing messages set up. I
winder if I should re-install K-9 which has worked fine up to now.

Best,

Graham

Re-installing seems like a good idea.

What is the best source for K-9?

and thanks for the help.

Graham

I usually take it from fdroid, but it’s also available in Google Play Store.

Thanks

Graham

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.