It is coming (Android 6 launch event)

A post was split to a new topic: Android 6 upgrade startegies

Facebook also notified me about an event “near me” - I have just signed up, my employer understands that I want to be there so I can go to work after the Android 6 launch that day.

6 Likes

Too bad I live in Austria :frowning:

Congratulations to Fairphone, just upgrade instead of having to buy a new phone! :birthday::sparkler::clap:
On this event I will pass. Enjoy your meal and have fun with Android 6.
I never can make it early in the morning and I have no Fairphone OS on my Fairphone.
Please organise something similar on an afternoon when Fairphone Open is ready to go to Android 6 :wink:

7 Likes

Wow, it’s like Christmas in April! :tada:
I do hope Marshmallow Open comes in April too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Don’t hope too much. I think it will be May. But April FPOpen update will come.

11 Likes

On 11th of April is just the early access? But I want it now… :smiley:

Living in Germany and can’t participate, but sounds like a fun event nevertheless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They should do those things in Vienna… :sunglasses:

PS.: Anyone else thinking that this topic should be in #community ? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Anyone else thinking this belongs at https://www.fairphone.com/en/community/events/ ? :angel:
I hope @Douwe submits it, I’m sure @Douwe will authorize it.

2 Likes

So excited to upgrade to Android 6 ! Looking forward the open OS version !

3 Likes

I agree. So why wait? Why the early access phase? I appreciate the local breakfast event, but early access for some locals sounds like something elitary. How long will be this “early access phase”? When is the release date for the “normal” crowd?

1 Like

Don’t worry and be glad instead, folks outside of Amsterdam. It’s a human testing and no one has promised yet that attendees will ever be seen again. :wink:

8 Likes

All Fairphones are solely tested on humans and not an animals. :wink:

11 Likes

Yessss! Another security related update for Fairphone Open OS ! I am thrilled to hear the news that we’re getting the Android 6 upgrade soon :joy:

2 Likes

Soo… how was it? :wink:

3 Likes

Can’t imagine, that nobody was there, but I neither can imagine, that notbody would report instantely from there…or they are still there and very busy with playing around?

3 Likes

Fairphone posted photos from the event on Facebook (not viewable without FB account).

… or are they desperately trying to reanimate the visitors FP2s? :wink:

1 Like

Well share them here, I wanna see! :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, I hope FP doesn’t mind …

I admit my eyes opened the widest on the final one.

11 Likes