English

Is there a plan to replace the FP2 battery?

battery
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fefbd6d19b0>

I’ve been dealing with terrible battery life since I acquired FP2. I hoped that with Android 7, things would be better, but for no luck. If I have the phone with screen at the minimum level (but on) and good wifi (always on), I’ll have only 4 to 6 hours battery life!

I’ve followed all guides and hints. The only way to extend battery life is to have the phone with screen off AND in fly mode. But that’s not a phone!

So, the topic I’d like to discuss: wouldn’t it be interesting to develop a new battery with higher store capacity for FP2 in the “modular paradigm”, like it happens with the camera? Even having a fatter battery and changing the back cover to have a protrusion in it would be ok, in my opinion.

It’s just terrible to be always switching fly mode on and off to be able to have the phone with one battery cycle for simple 12 hours…

I think something drastic should be made about this battery issue, besides guides that change very little to the final result.

PS: Another option would be to change the screen or the OS to allow the brightness to be even lower than the lowest today…

The FP2 is not being produced at all anymore, so I’m pretty sure they won’t develop a new battery model anymore.
If your battery was bad from the beginning you should have returned it in time. You had 1 year warranty on it. Though if you keep your screen on all the time, even on the lowest brightness level, 4-6 hours is probably normal.

Why don’t you just get an external battery?

If you can’t make it through the day, a power bank makes sense. They come in all kind of price ranges and qualities, such as a 3k mAh (1 FP2 charge) for 15 EUR or a 10k mAh for 30 EUR.

4-6 hours isn’t normal - even for the FP2. Of course, it depends on how you use the phone. But if you just keep it on stand-by, make a short call from time to time and read the occaisonal text message or website, it should last about twice as long.

Did you check (with apps like AccuBattery) if there is any specific app or function that’s causing the drain?

If the display is really permanently active, then I can only second what @paulakreuzer said: Under such conditions this is just what you can expect.