Is my problem with charging reason to send it back?

sorry, im not a technician and i already read the battery and charging “a little guide to…” and i read many different posts here in the forum.
so now, im totally confused and nerved.

my fp2 has this behaviour:
whenever i hear the acustic signal and read the warning “your battery is empty” (or similar), its too late. the phone will not accept the charger/cable combination anymore, the phone shuts down, it isnt rebootable, i have to take away the sd card, simcards and the battery or it wont charge, even with blinking red led.
it just sits there overnight and blinks its red led…
so, when i took the sd and simcards out of the phone, took the battery, it maybe charges.
i have to charge it to approximately 5-10% to boot it hanging on the cables…and that boot up process doesnt work several times, most of the times, the phone just doesnt react to button press. sometimes i have too boot it twice or 3 times, because i only get to some fairphone logo or pin-entering screen before it shuts down (i actually think, its crashing).

so, a post told me, that the fp2 can be sent back and i get a new one, some post told me that its the cables or charger or both, some posts told me that there maybe the display isnt connected to the rest of the fp2 he found a screw which presses the display away from the body.(actually, my fp2 hat a rather big space between display and body, but i just opened and closed the clasp).
the tutorial tells me to reset battery software (i actually didnt do that exactly this way, because i didnt put the battery in the phone while its connected to the net… but it just doesnt charge overnight anyways), or to try what i have to do every day…
battery doesnt seem to be bloated, but my desks and floor isnt that even…

btw, when i charge it without getting the messages first, it seems to work…slowly maybe, but it works. when i remember right i charged it two days before without warning sound and message.

so, please, what is up with my fp2? what do i have to do?
i can only use it every second day because i have to tinker around with it for half a day to charge it.

Did you already try different cables?
If yes, and your problem was not solved, try to do the battery reset exactly as described. If this doesn’t work either, best contact support. They will be able to tell you more about sending back. Be aware, there seems to be a long waiting line at support, since they get a lot of questions these days. But apparently, a replacement can be sent quite fast!

i tried it with 5 cables 3 chargers my notebook and…
well i will try to do the battery reset but i actually have fear of that, because i think that could cause exploding batteries, accidents with electric energy and so on…
after all, some circuit or sparc may happen?

I’ve never heard anyone having such problems during a battery reset, so I don’t think it’s that risky :smile:

thx for calming me down with that :slight_smile:

update: did the battery reset as described in "a little guide…"
i played a game until fp2 closed down becasue batteries were empty, but it was fully booted up as i pushed the button to boot it…
but: i used charging device 3 with highest ampere output and it charged in a short time. i had no problem with startung it and i will try to put my sim and my sd into the phone - never had a problem without getting the “batteries empty” warning before…
looks good, my recommendation to everyone with problems: try the battery reset.
but lets see what comes… when i dont charge it until the warning appears…

1 Like

ok newest update:
seems to work now: the batteries are charging, also after getting the “batterkies empty” warning.

but i experience the “non working display while charging problem” now…
its tiring but lets see…
seems that i get to know my fairphone (software) better than i want…