Iphones imessages not reaching me

It seems as though persons that I have previously sent/received imessages to/from need to manually change their settings from ‘imessage’ to ‘sms’ in order for them to get through to me. After sending one ‘sms’, their (i-)phone understands that we communicate through sms from now on. Now the problem is that my previous (i-)phone is dead and I therefore don’t know which of my contacts need to know about this. The bottom line being that I don’t know who’s been sending me messages that I haven’t received. Of course this is probably only an initial problem (unless I’m unfriended by people trying to reach me), but a problem no less. Anyone have a solution? Thanx! Gabriella

Hi @CyberGabe,

do you still have access to your old iPhone?

Then there is a guide how to disable iMessage.

Greetings

Tom

1 Like

Thank you, that was very helpful!
Unfortunately my old phone has stopped loading (the part where the charger connects to the phone is broken), so it’s dead… But I guess I should be able to borrow someones iphone and using my own sim-card, disable imessage… So I’ll try that. /G

Yep, that should do the trick.

Please do not use the iMessage for Android app which is available for download. This app possibly scams your Apple credentials. :wink:

Greetings

Tom

2 Likes

Never understood why people use iMessage when there are countless of other alternatives that work perfectly well cross platform.

2 Likes

Hi,

Apple has launched a homepage to derigister iMessage.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

regards,
Shiny

1 Like

Great, thanx! I don’t need it anymore, but it’s good to know for others changing to Fairphone :slight_smile: