🇬🇧 Interesting links / news articles somehow related to Fairphone

I did get your tone, I just can’t sit by and agree :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s myEnglish interpretation and use, [should’] which is a directive, a command an authoritative control.

Context matters! Typically must is a stronger form than should, however in some circumstances, should is used as an absolute command but is simply ‘softer’ or more polite

But I see that a lot of people see ‘should’ as advice, but nevertheless a bit pushy.

Sadly I hate the word. I’ve been told a lot of what I should and should not do.

A problem with written text is that it is black and white there is no choice, i.e. text can seem authoritative. So when I use words that can have such a ‘definitive’ character I use quote marks to say ‘something like this’

In speech telling someone they should do something although authoritative can be challenged and of course there can be better context and tone to moderate the meaning.

Ok, it’s a must-see for you then :wink: .

1 Like

Yes I had already seen it. It just re-enforced my disgust and my dreams/nightmares.

Ignorance is bliss, and if you have lost ignorance there are always ways to loose your mind for a while :slight_smile:

I will keep the link so I can torture my friends when they become a little to easy going.

It’s not quite as bad as showing non vegans abattoir work :see_no_evil:

Was buying another phone and saw this chart, thought I share it here:

It’s from galaxus.

6 Likes

Posted on Instagram apparently around 14:00 Amsterdam time on 10 May, so I’d expect the announcement on thursday around noon:

I guess many here will have an idea what this might be … :notes:

5 Likes

You mean over the ear headphone, your notes jogged my memory ~ I remember reading some such . .

1 Like

It’s basically official now. The shop.fairphone.com now has a “Fairbuds XL” category and already offers the first accessory for it:

P.S.: Definitely still needs a length specification. :wink:

7 Likes

It’s confirmed indeed: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsGUvVUACQe/

1.5m :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [FP5][AndroidAuthority]First look at the Fairphone 5

(Rückgabequote: rate of giving back)
The Fairphone users have the highest capacity for suffering :wink:

Maybe it is just because the phones are repairable.

1 Like

This video is actually not about Fairphone (sorry!), but it is really interesting to see the tremendous efforts to actually develop a smartphone.

4 Likes

Now Fairphone is even on the first place :partying_face:

EDIT:
Although the warranty rate and especially the case duration is not that amazing :see_no_evil:

11 Likes

Can you also share the link where you took these screenshots from? Thanks.

4 Likes

sure, here: https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/product/fairphone-4-256-gb-grey-630-sim-esim-48-mpx-5g-smartphone-16218844

10 Likes

Here’s the video of a ~30min talk Luca Weiss gave at the Free Silicon Conference 2023 called “Open Source for Sustainable and Long lasting Phones”

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Is Fairphone really fair?

6 Likes
4 Likes