"Installing system update ..." for how long?

My brand-new, just-out-of-the-box, is updating now. I started the update before making breakfast. By now, it has been updating through breakfast, running an errand and me making my second pot of coffee. How long should the update take?

I must admit, I got impatient, and thought I’d try to abort the process. Pressing the power button gave me the following:

Android system recovery <3e>
Confirm wipe of all user data?
THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE.
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
Yes – delete all user data
No
No
No

Seeing as I haven’t used my phone at all yet, deleting all user data is not a problem. Figuring out how to select that option, though, was. While writing this, I stopped to fiddle a bit more with the volume button. Suddenly the screen went black, then blue. By now, I have restarted the phone, opened the updater, accepted Superuser access and started the system update again. How long will the update normally take when connected to the wi-fi?

Ok, I’ll answer this myself: The update is finished now. Sorry to make a fuss over nothing. On the other hand, perhaps the thread can come in handy if some other luddite runs into trouble. I am one of those drawn to the Fairphone for the fair aspect without being much of a techie - and I know I’m not alone.

Glad this worked out for you :slight_smile: I’m closing the topic.

1 Like