I'm throwing the towel in...!

I bought the FP1 in 2013 and only bought the FP2 because I couldn’t use some applications with my FP1.

Since support for FP1 is over and FP2 is… a disaster…

So after 5 years of being a proud owner of a Fairphone I’m throwing a towel and I’m buying a phone that might actually work…

My FP2 suffered different comes and goes for repair, has been hard reset several times… bought new camera, several cases and still don’t have a functional phone: camera won’t focus and pictures are terrible, overheating and battery drain (YES I HAVE tried everything), imposibility to use some apps because localisation doesn’t work, shutting down and restarts on it’s own, new case cracks by itself after 2 weeks etc etc etc.

It is simply not doing its job. I used to say that I so much believe in it’s cause that it doesn’t matter… but well, sometimes it does… like when I have to use my old samsung for some applications to work (and they do even if phone is pretty old now)… Can’t be carrying two smartphones…

I’m sorry, so sorry but my disappointment has reached its limits… 5 years… I was so proud to have this phone, so proud to show it and explain everything and it breaks my heart going back but… I can’t do it anymore. I don’t even want to convince people to buy it… I’m sure I’m going to make enemies out of them…

Sorry Fairphone, sorry community… :cry:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Leaving a movement