Ideas to improve the FP4 - alarm - double tap & more

I dont own a FP4 and I’m not quite sure I understand why you need power or vol buttom to turn off alarm? On every phone I own or owned (FP2+FP3+Iphone 4+7), the alarm pops up on the lock screen and I can choose what to do (snooze or stop) by sliding or tapping. Is the FP4 really that different or is the app just missing rights/settings for corresponding notifications?
Those are the settings

And this is how it looks like

On every phone I own or owned (FP2+FP3+Iphone 4+7), the alarm pops up on the lock screen and I can choose what to do (snooze or stop) by sliding or tapping.

It requires opening the eyes to visually look at the notification and make a choice.

Pressing a button can be done whilst half a sleep :slight_smile:

Just so everyone knows what we’re talking about. This is what the alarm screen looks like on the Fairphone 4 when the phone is locked. If you (accidentally?) press the power button to turn off the screen while the alarm is ringing and then press it again to wake the screen, it still looks the same.

It doesn’t get much easier to turn off. If you can’t turn it off with your eyes closed you’re probably pretending, like those people in infomercials.

3 Likes

That made me genuinely laugh out loud. :smiley:

But yeah, I think @Flo_Wolfapp’s point was that it’s impossible to stop the alarm without touching the screen when you’ve already set the action of volume buttons to snooze.

Thanks for this post. All topics are a good choice.
My favourites are
1 Turn off the alarm (I am also used to the swipe function) and
3 Improve the volume incrementation
(For me the lowest volume setting is too loud)

I’m a guy with big hands, the FP4 is not practical for me either. I’m all for a 5.5" phone.

2 Likes

3 - Improve the volume incrementation

Have you discover than the volume between position 3-4 is a very big gap ? It’s disturbing as you are not really available to get not so much and not enough music

I don’t think I’ll ever understand what the point of using arbitrary incrementation steps is. My first touch screen device was an iPod Touch 3 and if I remember correctly even that thing had stepless volume (back when you were forced to buy the more expensive variant if you wanted to have a wallpaper). On the user side there just doesn’t seem to be any benefit of not being able to manually adjust the volume between steps or not being able to define your own steps.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.