I can hear callers but they can't hear me

I can hear callers but they can’t hear me. I can’t record on voice recorder. Is this a fault in the ‘bottom module’?

I can hear through the earphones and without earphones.
Thanks for any thoughts.

This can easily be determined by going through the steps in the official troubleshooting tool:

https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001041206-Troubleshoot-your-Fairphone-2-issue

2 Likes

Thanks, Paula. Will have a look and work through it.

hi again.

Did the test in settings: can’t hear my own voice, so am trying to dismantle the phone to take out and put back the microphone in order to test the connection, as suggested in that helpful link.

Have got case off phone, and have slid the blue clips sideways but the video shows the screen sliding off after that - and mine just doesn’t seem to want to slide. Does not seem to want to move. At all! Any suggestions??!

Thanks!

The screen is sometimes stuck if it hasn’t been taken off before. See the #disassemble guide for a little trick

1 Like

hi again.

Thanks for link. It suggests doing a test in settings.

Did the test in settings: can’t hear my own voice, so am trying to dismantle the phone to take out and put back the microphone in order to test the connection, as suggested.

Have got case off phone, and have slid the blue clips sideways but the video shows the screen sliding off after that - and mine just doesn’t seem to want to slide. Does not seem to want to move. At all! Any suggestions??! I think the screen is sticking to the rest of the phone on the long side under the camera, about half way down. Will i damage the phone if i prise the screen free of the rest of the phone with my thumbnail?!

Thanks!

it worked!

Thank you, Paula!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.