How to switch off video autoplay in camera photoviewer?

Hi

I have a Fairphone 3+. Having recorded a video, every time I scroll through my photos & get to the video it starts playing automatically. I find this very annoying but can’t find an option to switch it off. Does anyone know how I can switch this off?

Thanks

Paddy

What app are you using to view? Have you tried alternatives like Simple Gallery

1 Like

Hi

Thanks. I am just using the phone’s camera. I didn’t even know you were supposed to get apps for something like that; is it not possible to change the setting on the phone’s camera?

Thanks

Paddy

Short No.
This is Google/Google Photos. Google thinks it can provide you with an app that meets your needs. For years users have been trying to get helpful changes. Google ignores this effort with ignorance and stupidity. The app is free, but I have rarely seen a worse handling and possibilities of the settings. Therefore, a total deactivation of Google Photos and Drive on my part. The handling of my photos and videos by Google is a disaster.
I can only recommend @anon9989719’s recommendation because this app offers you what you are looking for and more. Look forward to a correct and problem-free handling of your photos and videos.
Also available on PlayStore - Free oder cheap (worth any Penny)

1 Like

The Simple Gallery app via F-Droid is free, although it implies payment, that’s just for extra tweeks. Version 6.20.1 Pro

Hi
You are not supposed to get another app and it’s not a camera issue.

You should also have a default app by Google called Photos. It’s just when using the inbuilt camera option there is the issue as it thinks you want to immediately see the result image/video.

This is the default icon for Google Photos which should work fine.
photo

1 Like

From the offical site:
What is the difference between the free and the Pro app version?
The Pro one already has many new features including a brand new advanced photo and video editor, rotating fullscreen images with gestures, heic/heif support, batch renaming files with using different date/time patterns, password protecting individual folders, thumbnail customization, then many other bugfixes and stability improvements. Since the free version won’t be updated anymore, the difference will always grow.

1 Like

Hmm! My free version has just been updated, where did you get the idea that this wasn’t going to happen?

Updated from 6.20.1 Pro to 6.20.3 Pro

On F-Droid there is the Pro version for free (because all F-Droid apps are free (both in the sense of freedom and price)), but on the play store, you must pay for the Pro version, and there is another free (in the sense of price) version with less features and which is not updated anymore.

4 Likes

Hi

Thanks very much for your help everyone.

Regards

Paddy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.