How to disable automatic music playing when connected to car's bluetooth?

Hi Community,
I have FP2 since last December, and haven’t yet figured out how to disable auto playback when my FP2 connects to the car bluetooth.
Every time I get in, it just starts playing music in a random order. To stop I either need to open Google Music app, but sometimes I don’t have the file playing there, so I need to go to Settings > Apps > Running and find which app is creating this, and kill it right there.
Is there a setting I could disable somewhere instead?

Thanks in advance
Flowchaser

1 Like

Maybe that’s possible if you install another music player app like VLC and set it as default app for music.

1 Like

I think the problem might be your car. I have connected my fairphone to a lot of bluetooth-devices and it never did such a thing. The fact that it’s not always the same app, that plays music, makes me think that your car advises the phone to play the last used media-file eventually?

1 Like

Thanks Jens, I’ll google the car forums for this one then

1 Like

Thanks Irina,
how do you set VLC as default?

F

When you open a music file, you’ll get asked which app you want to use to open this file type. There you can chose VLC. But the idea to google the car forums first seems the best idea to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.