How to deactivate the camera button

The camera button is really a pen in the neck when you have to keep your phone in your hand while e.g. using GPS navigator… you always end up with the camera on!

How can I desactivate this button (besides opening my phone and physically take the button away)?

Thanks
Luca

PS I have’nt found anything on that in the forum. If I missed it, I apologize for double posting

Well, maybe using a different OS like e.g. /e/… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
On my FP2 running /e/ instead of FPOS nothing happens when I press the camera button (except that it takes photos when Open Camera app is running)…
It MIGHT also help to disable stock camera app and install/use Open Camera instead?

1 Like

I don’t think you can disable the camera button in Fairphone OS, but there is a setting in LineageOS.

1 Like

This method will completely disable the camera button. You’ll need a rooted phone with Xposed framework installed.

Install the Xposed module Physical Button Music Control (PBMC), enable, reboot, open the module and say ‘no thanks’ when it offers to create a bunch of default chains on first launch.

1. Tap the ‘+’ icon
  2. Tap ‘Advanced chain’.
  3. Give it a name, any name.
  4. Tap ‘Add key’
  5. Tap CHANGE and press the camera key.
  6. Check the box marked ‘Pressed’.
  7. Delay will be at 0ms, no need to change this.
  8. Tap OK.
  9. Slide “Vibration” to 0ms.
  10. Tap the bar marked “SCREEN OFF”
  11. Check the box marked “SCREEN ON”
  12. Tap OK.
  13. Make sure the very bottom option, “Cancel original key functions”, is checked.
  14. Tap the floppy disk icon to save settings.
  15. It should work immediately, so give it a try.

Thanks all for your responses. i was having similar questions and your answers were helpful to me.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.