How to copy files via MTP from Linux? (Thunar filemanager)

Did you format the sdcard to extend the internal storage or just use it as external?
I extended and see only this storage when connecting via usb.

No, i’m just using it as a external SD Card as i did it with Android 5.1.

But as external card most apps cannot access it. I liked it as it was before Android 6.

Yes, i also would prefer a solution like it was on Android 5.1

This reminds me of the SD-card of my Raspberry Pi, after I did the update to Debian Jessie. Access to the system was very slow and at first I thought the update was the reason for it. But it turned out the SD-card was corrupt (a few weeks later files started to vanish from SD-card …). So I wonder if you tried another SD-card and if the problems are the same there?

2 Likes

It could be so easy.
That solved the problem. Simply formatted the SD Card with the phone. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello,
When i want save some files on my Ubuntu, i connect the phone with USB, and from Linux i go to the FP2, then Linux show me the internal card and SDCard. I then chose the directory i want to copying or paste the files. It is very fast.

I always use:
termux on smartphone + sshd inside termux on smartphone + sshfs (fusermount) from laptop to desired folder on smartphone ,

because my phone and laptop are usually in the same WIFI.
Advantage: I don’t always have to connect it via USB cable and I can charge it faster.
MTP sucks / has too many bugs.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.