How to: Block undesirable callers on FP2

Getting annoying callers from ‘investment opportunities’. How do I block their number/s?

I don’t think it’s possible with the standard phone app.
But there’s an app called True Phone with this and all the other missing features.

1 Like

If you’re in the UK, register your phone number with TPS to block cold callers. Other countries may have similar schemes.

From their website:

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a free service. It is the official central opt out register on which you can record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls. It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the PS unless they have your consent to do so.

Using the standard apps:
Create a contact to collect the phone numbers of the undesirable callers, and check ‘redirect all calls to mailbox’

5 Likes

Just want to note that this seems to be pretty easy with Apple. I wonder why there isn’t a better way on Android.

It is easy with True Phone. It can not be as easy as with Apple, because Apple controls every little bit of it’s users. With Google there’s a bit more freedom, but with a bit less comfort …

Another possibility is to use NoPhoneSpam, see Is there a possibility to block numbers with FP2?

Duplicate topic.
For further questions please continue here: