How to be able to install and use any app on FP Open OS [meta discussion]

Level 5 is for tricking apps to believe you have an unmodified OS (with GAPPS but without root). If you know that the app only has an issue with root and doesn’t care about Google, you only have to do Level 5 Step 1b - otherwise you’ll have to do the entire Level 5.

Thanks a lot! Also for moving my discussion to this topic, very helpful!

As far as I read my company policy, it doesn’t care about google and only complains about root. So this should do the trick.

Hey there!

I installed and set up microG on the Fairphone 2 (open os) by following this guide.

In the self-check-test, I have all boxes checked, without the last one (address localisation/address resolution):

In the settings, I can’t configure a service for this. I guess, it’s because I didn’t install an app for this.

What do I have to install to solve this problem?
Thank you for your help!

You still have to install and configure NLP backends from F-Droid.

Thank you for your answer!

I have already installed MozillaNlpBackend. Which other app do I have to install? Or how to configure MozillaNlpBackend?

Oh sorry, yeah the “Ortungsdienst(e) eingerichtet” check means you have Location backends set up.

Do you have the nominatim backend? It’s not necessary to locate yourself, it only provides Address data for the provided Lon & Lat Data.
If you don’t have that enabled or if you are somewhere where the OSM Project has no Address Information, then that box will stay unchecked.

1 Like

Thank you. The Installation of nominimatim backend solved the problem!:slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know how edit my post so I will answer to this one.

I tried different techniques but not with [quote=“paulakreuzer, post:90, topic:22327”]
Systemless Xposed
[/quote]

So you need to do at least step 1a, step 5 and step 6 of level 5 in How to install any app on FP Open OS (for beginners and experts).
After that in microG parameters you need to activate cloud messaging, terminal registering and google safetynet. This is it, you can install Snap and log in without troubles :wink:

You can’t use Xposed with Fake Gapps instead of Tingle (I didn’t test Xposed with Systemless Xposed) and you don’t need to unroot your phone :slight_smile:

Hello,

I use latest Lineage with MicroG and Tingle on a FP2 and most of the stuff works pretty well. However, there is a problem with very few apps. When I try to install them, I get the following error message:

“requires unavailable shared library com.google.android.maps”

You will see this message in the logs or if you try to install the app via adb. I have a Samsung A310F on which I use the exact same configuration (latest Lineage, MicroG, Tingle) and I get the same error message there. After some research, I found a website that describes the problem:

Since I was not able to locate those two files in a GAPPS package (I used the OpenGAPPS packages), I did some more research and ended up at the NoGAPPS project on the XDA forums. I used this with my old FP1, but when I heard of the MicroG project, I changed to that. It turned out, that the solution for my problem is the flashable maps.api package from the NoGAPPS project. It contains the two missing files. Here is the link to XDA thread:

My suggestion is, to add this information to the tutorial, even if it does affect only very few apps.

1 Like

Feel free to do so. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.