How to be able to install and use any app on FP Open OS [meta discussion]

Thanks, so the community version adhere to the standard Android, nice :slight_smile:

I did run through the updated guide from a fresh install after a complete wipe of all my data. It’s not working with Pokemon Go. Also Safety Net Helper still states it can not connect. All options are checked and everything looks good in microG settings self check.

I am about to go back to FP2 with Google … :frowning:

1 Like

thanks for the update, you just saved me a lot of time! Going back is not a solution for me right now, but I’m still optimistic there’ll be a solution eventually!
And a huge thanks to all the active people (@oli.sax, @paulakreuzer, @Roboe et.al.) in this thread working on it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi uwedd !
This is strange SafetyNet Helper says it cannot connect, for me this was only when I forget to reactivate 4G connection…
Did you install the ‘microG DroidGuard Helper’ ? Which version of microG do you have ?
I installed microG Service Core 0.2.4-20 , microG Services Framework v 0.1.0 and microG DroidGuard Helper 0.1.0.

The latest version of microG can be found here.

Currently the latest version of microG Service Core is 0.2.4-22.
Currently the latest version of microG DroidGuard Helper is 0.1.0-3.

A post was split to a new topic: :nl: Geen contactenapp beschikbaar

So do i’m getting it right? In moment it is only possible to bypass SafeNet with an unrooted device?

Yes seems so unfortunately.

It’s hard to follow this “cat and mouse” game between developpers and SafetyNet :slight_smile: .
From what I understood reading pages of xda forum, the new version of SuHide is able to hide the root, but one of its prerequisite is Android 6.0, and for FP2 we are at Android 5.1…

1 Like

Yes - but what does it mean, when even the developers which provide a solution at the moment, questioning this game? Hiding root: a losing game - rant du jour

I just wonder how the future of an ungoogled Android can look like.

But right - for now all what we can do is to see if dirty hacks like SuHide or HideSU can offer us a solution till the next big move of the empire. :unamused:

You know, for most people who want a free(ish) OS it’s not exactly essential that apps like Pokemon Go still work.

2 Likes

And how about their banking apps?

Google is setting a precedent with this move to keep locking its system more deeply by making the Android apps ecosystem depend more on their Google Mobile Services. That is dangerous for the user freedom: you’ll need to lend (more) the control of your device to Google for it to be useful for your live. Despicable Google.

1 Like

There is already a pull request to pass SafetyNet without the need to hide or remove root: https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_RemoteDroidGuard/pull/3

2 Likes

All banks (except N26) do not require a smartphone. You can use their website in combination with iTAN/mTAN/chipTAN/photoTAN.

2 Likes

Hi, I would also like to report that Tingle worked flawlessly, I have tried to spoof the google signature needed for mircroG using the android-checkin java scripts and Needle and I had the same error you had, tingle was the only one that worked, thanks ale5000!

2 Likes

Did you use android-checkin.jar to get a device ID for BlankStore? Did it work? I got mine two and a half years ago and, AFAIK, the script stopped working at some point (the ID still works, though, but people from my surroundings couldn’t get a new device ID for them)

Hi,
I’ve just learned about the “swap apps” feature in F-droid. Maybe it could be added to this wiki?

2 Likes

I hate to quote the employer of child-labourers, but it’s a wiki, so just do it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you mean? :confused:

Edit: oh, I got that. I personally don’t have any trainers from them.

You’re right, I’ve just done it!

1 Like