How to attach a website to the startscreen (not top-sites)

Hello Correspondent readers in the Netherlands, can you help me? I want to install the website of De Correspondent to the startscreen of my new Fairphone 3, as they dont have an app and recommend attaching the site to the startscreen. I did so on my old Fairphone 2 and it worked well, but on the 3 it doesnt say ‘attach to the startscreen’ ín my browser (I use Ghostery).

What do I do now, does anybody have an idea? I was already rather happy I got the phone working, being the tech nitwit that I am…

Karin

Not sure about Ghostery, but Firefox and Chrome will give you hints to “Add to home screen”. For the https://decorrespondent.nl website you will have to open the home page. Then in FireFox you will see a little house-shape icon with a “plus” in it.
See attached screenshot.

Thank you Johan. Ghostery on my Fairphone 3 seems to have lost the option, as it was there on the 2… I think I might indeed switch to Firefox.

Opera Touch works nice as well - and does also have the “Add to Startscreen” option.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.