How to adjust 'ring time' - ie. time before answerphone cuts in (on FP3+ android OS)

Very interesting, thanks. There are so many options in the OS that get overlooked, but this is not the same as extending the ring time :slight_smile: All the options are off on my device but I often find myself running for the phone as Iā€™m often working some distance from it.

1 Like

Thank you for your considerate and detailed response. I have done as you suggested ā€¦ it didnā€™t happen quite in that order, but Iā€™d never have found it otherwise. Many thanks.

3 Likes

<rant>

To my mind, one of the problems is the seeming absence of comprehensive, properly ordered and properly indexed documentation. Iā€™m a professional of this domain and Iā€™m finding it increasingly difficult to persuade people of the importance of this. They shrug their shoulders and say, ā€œuse the searchā€.

Well, search engines can only get you so far, and for a specific subject are often time-wasting compared with a properly structured documentation. Also theyā€™re often distorted by social media and commercial issues, so you donā€™t necessarily see a reliable answer at first.

Example and also case in point: I just visited Android Help to see how quickly I could come up with the info I posted this morning about using the Dialler app to change call forwarding. This is really going to the horseā€™s mouth.

Thereā€™s no structured interface at all that I can see.

The search engine ? Worse than poor. And weā€™re talking ā€œpowered by Googleā€ here. This should be the best there is, technically speaking. Google talking about Google. Well, I typed in ā€œcall forwardingā€ (I canā€™t think of anything better than the terms used in the interface itself ā€¦) What do I get? Switch to an new Android phone, transfer files, find lock or erase, change app permissions ā€¦ nothing that remotely corresponds to the function Iā€™m looking for.

And if I put ā€œcall forwardingā€ within inverted commas to specify exact string, I get just one reply about ā€œincorrect punctuation on voice to textā€.

PATHETIC. I conclude that the Android documentation by Google contains no reference at all to the function weā€™re talking about.

</rant>

Edit: typo

2 Likes

There may be reference but proactively submerged by what google want use to read.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.