How restrict to 3G or 4G only?

I sometimes really need to access internet during phone calls. Ie when I call my bank and need to verify my identity. But when there is a bad connection, the phone call will go through 2G and disconnects the internet access totally. So is there a way to restrict calls to 3G or 4G or both 3G and 4G? Now it seems like I have only the following options:

• 5G/4G/3G/2G
  • 4G/3G/2G
  • 3G/2G
  • 2G
    I am aware the quality of the call could be worse in such cases, but that’s the only option I have and I know many phones out there that have this possibility.
1 Like

The problem there is that if the connection is so bad it defaults to 2G I don’t see how the internet would work anyway so if you could restrict to 3G when it’s o bas you can only get 3G then you will have no phone calls either.

Am I missing something?

But generally I agree, it would be use to be able to select what I want.

Settings → Network & internet → Mobile network → Preferred network type
There you can choose nearly every combination, in your case maybe just “LTE”

edit: You probably already got there and are missing most of the options with default Fairphone OS, sorry. Answered quicker than I finished reading your question.

Maybe “Phone information” in the service menu will help you. Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get there.

1 Like

Do you have VoLTE enabled? Without that I guess you cant use 4G for calls? Just note that for some provider this causes other issues sometimes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.