How do I update Emojis in FP2?

My girlfriend had a newer phone and wants to use new emojis. But my fp2 is out of date. How do I update them? I’m not very technical.

1 Like

I think i have TWRP because I am using FPOpen OS.

I don’t know how to access TWRP though?

1 Like

If you’re on the latest version of FPOpen, you’re no longer using TWRP - you’re using the AOSP recovery. But it can do the job too.

Turn off your phone and then turn it back on by pressing Power + Volume up, and once in the screen titled ‘Android Recovery’, release the buttons.

Use volume buttons to navigate down the list to ‘apply update from SD card’ and use the power button to select.

Then navigate to your zip file with the volume and power buttons, select the file using the power button, confirm and reboot.

3 Likes

When I do that I get:

install (Path)
Finding Update Package…
Opening Update Package…
Verifying Update Package…
E:footer is wrong
Update package verification took 0.0 s (result 1)
E: signature verification failed
E: Error 21
Installation aborted

Thanks for your help by the way. I wish this were easier.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. :frowning:

1 Like

It gives that error message for the Google Emojis and the Noto Emojis.

See #twrpwoflashing to boot TWRP without having to install it and install the Emoji ZIP file with TWRP.

3 Likes

Looks like you do need to use TWRP for this one… AOSP recovery does not allow you to disable the signature check. So you can install TWRP as laid out in that first post I linked, or use the procedure AnotherElk has referred to to boot to TWRP without installing it.

Once you’ve got TWRP up and running, you can go into its settings and disable ZIP zignature verification, and then flash. It has touch screen support so it’s a bit easier to use, too.

2 Likes

I did it! I did it! I can’t believe that worked! I’m such a hacker! :smiley:

Although the noto designs are much less charming than the origional fairphone 2 ones. Sigh. Maybe I’ll load the Google ones instead. We’ll see.

Thanks!

Jonathan

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.