How do I stop emails syncing automatically on FP2 with FP OS?

Hi there,
how do I stop emails from automatically synchronizing on FP2 with FP OS 18… (the latest available release)?

There was a related topic for FP1, what did not answer my question.

I use k9mail as email client and did not find the settings in FP OS to stop auto-sync.

Does anyone has an idea how to help me?

Related topic:

How do I stop emails syncing automatically?

Cheers,
Ratskrone

If you only want to disable background synchronization for emails (and not for messenger apps or whatever) then I guess system settings are the wrong place.

I would simply disable synchronization in k9. Either globally or per account. Depends on what you want to achieve :wink:

1 Like

From Android, native from Google or costum from LineageOS, I know at least to ways to disable synchronization in a global manner.

1. Widget for desktop with a cycle symbol (older Android versions).
  2. Cycle symbol, when I pull down the notification bar twice (newer Android versions).

Both ways are missing in FP os (or i am unable to find them) and I really really miss them. To be able to disable/enable synchronization in a global manner is more the comfortable. Is there no such thing in FP OS with similar function?

Cheers,
Ratskrone

I’m on LineageOS, so I’m not sure if it works with FP OS as well

• pull down the notification bar twice
  • tap the pencil icon to edit the quick settings icons
  • add the synchronization icon or move it to the front if it was already added but “hidden” on the second page

Dear Ingo,
thank you very much for your hint!

That is exactly how I proceeded on my Galaxy S3 with the latest LineageOS. It worked out well. Since that day I am a huge fan of the sync icon to enable/disable synchronization in an overall manner.

Since last week I am FP2 user und did I mention: “I really rellay miss that feature”.

Thank you very much anyway.

I am thinking about switching to Fairphone Open. Does anyone know, whether overall synchronization is solved in the Android/CyanogenMod/Lineage manner there?

Cheers,
Ratskrone

Looks like this app can do it:

• Custom settings toggle (WiFi, Screen timeout, Bluetooth, WiFi Hotspot, Sync, Adaptive Brightness, Sound, Music Controls)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quinny898.app.customquicksettings

Dear Ingo,
thank you for the hint. On the first glance I do not get how the Custom Quick Settings application works. When I have a lot of free time, maybe in vacation, I will try it again.

Cheers,
Ratskrone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.