How do I register my Fairphone 4?

Hello Fairphone users!

Good news: I just bought and received the Fairphone 4 :slight_smile: !!

After starting the phone I got a notification that I will be reminded about the warranty in a few weeks but it didn’t offer me a way to actual register the phone right away.

My question:
How do I register the phone for the 5 years warranty?

- Scott

2 Likes

Please see this page

3 Likes

And more precisely, see this page:

6 Likes

Thanks you very much!

Question:
How could someone have found that page without asking?

What is/should have been the normal route?

1 Like

Well… Searching on your favorite search engine for “warranty fairphone 4” will bring you to the first link on which you find the second :slight_smile:
Or if you bought it on FPs online store, clicking on the following button on the shop page would have brought you to the first link as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well… Searching on your favorite search engine for “warranty fairphone 4” will bring you to the first link on which you find the second :slight_smile:

Yes, you right. I think I skipped the page because I thought the page was only about the legal side of the warranty and not about signing up for it. It’s also not in the content section.

Another thing: some shouldn’t have to rely on a search engine. The information should be easy to find on the official website.

Or if you bought it on FPs online store, clicking on the following button on the shop page would have brought you to the first link as well :slight_smile:

Oh, funny: that’s a button! I only thought it was an image. It doesn’t look like a button. A classic UX error!

The website could use some UX love.

1 Like

No it’s not a ‘button’ but below the image of the ‘rossette’ there is an underlined text, which usually signifiies a text link :slight_smile:

That the image is a part of the link seems to have distracted you, so if there was no image you may have not had such a problem, am I understnding it ??

You could of course contact Fairphone if you think the presentation leaves soemthing to be desired.

Couldn’t be much easier maybe a pointy finger and flashing lights :smiley:

1 Like

They way it looks right now, is that the underlining is meant to emphasize the text. To me it doesn’t look like a link. If they would have used a design system/language this would not have occurred. A lot of research has been done in how users think and behave and you should that knowledge when building a website or an app.

1 Like

Actually… It is a button and does seem a button to me… :thinking:
Nevertheless, if you want to forward this to their support, I guess feedback should always be welcome!
As we are more or less experienced users who reply there, it might seem quite obvious to us but may not be to any new customer who doesn’t know the product :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After registering the phone, I got a short survey with the question if it was easy for me to register the phone. I told them no and that I couldn’t find the registration page without asking on this forum.

4 Likes

And even more if you miss the button you just have to scroll down a bit on the page (which is exactly what the button does) and find the link to the registration page… :thinking:

2 Likes

I started thus thread because I did find it strange that after booting up the phone you get a message to be reminded about the registration but that it wasn’t possible to actual register the phone at that moment. That’s just strange.

Today I got the reminder, but this reminder doesn’t have the option ‘already registered’ . Another option that is missing.

The website has multiple UX issues also:

• A button that doesn’t really look like a button.
  • Before the sentence ’ Remember to register your warranty’ there is the the distracting sentence ‘When you purchase before 31/12/2022’.
  • In the viewport of the webpage about the warranty there isn’t an action ‘Register your device here’.

If you take UX design serious, Fairphone should address all these issues.
Remember that UX design is a job and that it doesn’t help to ignore issues.
And remember that people don’t read webpages but scan them! And then everything must be clear immediately.

Its a user forum so best to #contactsupport

I already pointed them to this discussion (see message above).