How can I get a stable version of the Fairphone 3 OS source code

Hi there. :slight_smile:

I wish to build my own ROM of the FP3(+) from sources, but I don’t really know how to start…
The documentation seems to be lacking of some informations, and is only covering the build instructions for contribution purposes…

Please could tell me more about it if someone has succeeded, and particularly how to retrieve the releases of the source code ? Thank you.

P.S : If this is not the right topic nor the right place to ask this, then apologies. :slight_smile:

Hi and welcome, I have no clue, maybe this helps

Else maybe check the Lineago OS instructions on how to build…

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/FP3/build

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

I’ll wander around LineageOS indeed, to see what I can do for now.

Just noticed I sent you a link to what you already had for FP source code, proving I have no clue🙃

Nevertheless good luck😊 and maybe someone more experienced will provide you further tipps here

1 Like

Hi @Rubisetcie,

Just to mention, we’re currently working on updating the public sources, they are slightly outdated at the moment. Update: The public sources are up-to-date now.

how to retrieve the releases of the source code ?

You mean getting the source code for one specific software version? We didn’t publish version-specific code yet. Our previous releases (4.A.,0010/11, MR1: 4.A.0013.4) don’t use the same branches yet as the public sources, therefore we can’t publish release manifests, tags, etc. For the upcoming MR2 (currently in beta), we will publish a release manifest and tag all projects on the release. Is that what you’re looking for?

Let me know what exactly you’re looking for otherwise :slight_smile: The build instructions are meant to facilitate both contribution and custom builds/ROMs, so we hope we get them more complete if necessary.

2 Likes

Yes, this is exactly what I’m looking for. :slight_smile:

I understand, and I really appreciate the fact that you’re willing to release the stable version when it’s done.

Thank you for updating the public sources.

1 Like

@Rubisetcie the FP3 MR2 4.A.0016.6 sources are available now:

4 Likes

Thank you very much, just what I needed. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.