Hotspot activated, detected and connected, but actually no internet access

I have tried to activate Wi-Fi hotspot and while it seems
that everything is correct, once I connect the computer to the wifi network provided by the phone I do not actually navigate. I have tried with 2 different FP1U units. I have also tested with 3 other Android phones and everything works fine, as far as I can tell using equivalent settings (just name and passwords are different). Among the 3 units in which I tried and worked, 1 unit is actually not only with the same carrier than one of the FP1U units but even within the same contract (we have 3 phones within the same contract), so it cannot be a problem with the carrier.
Is this a known problem? Any hint?

Can you ping an IP address?

  1. To do so press Windows + r.
  2. Then type cmd and hit enter.
  3. Then type ping

If the ping is successful that means that you can actually access the internet, but there is a problem with the DNS server settings. Enter (Google’s DNS service) in the DNS server settings (not sure if on the phone or on the computer).

No, ping does not work:
agustinlobo$ ping
PING ( 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1

Same for ping to one of the machines here.

1 Like

Teathering works fine for me if I remember to deactivate AFwall, as it seems it isn’t able to properly detect when teathering is active.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.