Horror story about Fairphone support

Not trivial I imagine or they would do it.

1 Like

Hallo,
hier mal mein Sämpf.
Es ist Bewegung in die Sache gekommen, aber . . .
ökologisch, nachhaltig, fair kann ich das “System FP” leider nicht bezeichnen. Man wird gezwungen einen Account/ Konto anzulegen aber eine online Abfrage über den Link ist nicht möglich,

Email address / password combination is incorrect, try again or get a new password

:thinking:
Direkt auf der HP anmelden funktioniert. Wenn meine Kaffeemaschine in der Garantiezeit kaputt geht, bringe ich die in den Laden oder schicke sie an den Hersteller. Da brauche ich keinen Account für.
Mit den Geräten hat das IMHO jedoch weniger zu tun. Das Telefon geht nicht ca. 300 Km nach Amsterdam, wo es ja ursprünglich her kommt (kommen soll), sondern gute 900 Km in die Bretagne (Frankreich). :astonished:
Das man in einem Büro mit Briefkasten nicht alle Reklamationen abarbeiten kann leuchtet mir ein, das man die schlechte Werbung dafür billigend in Kauf nimmt aber nicht.
Und ich glaube nicht das da Jemand von UPS mit einem E-Bike/ -Auto los fährt. :wink:
Naja, mal sehen wie es weiter geht, über Dauer und Kosten der Reparatur wurde noch kein Wort gesagt.
Aber die Reparaturadresse sagt mir, . . . warte mal noch 2 Wochen :grimacing:

Hello,
Here’s my two cents.
Things have started to move, but …
Unfortunately, I can’t call the “FP system” ecological, sustainable or fair. You are forced to create an account / account but an online query via the link is not possible,

Email address / password combination is incorrect, try again or get a new password

:thinking:
Directly on the HP login works. If my coffee maker breaks in the warranty period, I bring it to the store or send it to the manufacturer. I don’t need an account for that. However, IMHO this has less to do with the devices. The phone does not go 300 km to Amsterdam, where it originally comes from, but 900 km to Brittany (France). :astonished:
That one cannot work off all complaints in an office with a mailbox makes sense to me, that one takes the bad advertisement for it approvingly in purchase however not.
And I don’t believe that anyone from UPS drives off with an e-bike/car. :wink:
Well, let’s see how it goes on, about duration and cost of the repair was not yet said a word.
But the repair address tells me, . … wait another 2 weeks :grimacing:

1 Like

Incredible update :grinning:

Hello,
good news from my “problem child”.
Repair status at Cordon is finished.
Today they shipped it and should probably be here Thursday.
But since I have read that the phones do not always come back as they were sent, I am first cautious with the anticipation. :thinking:
Very very exemplary is the classification as a warranty case, so no bill and no shipping costs :sunglasses:

Wish everyone good luck with the support and Cordon, have a nice day :slightly_smiling_face:

Edith says . . .

Update in update
Phone arrived well and runs as before.
But in the meantime my girl got my 128GB FP4 and I installed /e/OS again on the repaired 256GB. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

So disappointed by Fairphone. My Fairphone 3+ does not boot. I could not use it the whole summer and the company was not able to send me a box to return it or to give me a call to help. It’s a nightmare, not a “fair” treatment. Has one of you experienced this ?

As you were asking about experience I moved your post to anther topic about sloooow support. So yes the support can be quite slow, since a few month it seem to be worth. Most times at the end they will still help you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.