🏒 Canadian Fairphoners! 🇨🇦

Please follow this discussion to learn more about the new slim case:

1 Like

Hi @aerler

Oh it passed customs no problem!

@Stefan oh no now I’m going to be worried. I’ll just have to cherish it more.

4 Likes

Did you declare the phone for customs or did you have it sent in an undeclared package? I had bad experience with customs before: I ordered a fancy keyboard from the US and had to pay lots of tariff on it…

And Jonnydark, any issues with your translucent cover yet?

@aerler I can’t remember the specifics. I know I had to pay but I couldn’t tell you what anymore. And the clear cover has worked out great for me.

Hey @blutch!

Good to know that tehre are FP2 owners in Canada! I live in an area where Fido/Rogers doesn’t have coverage, Therefore, my FP1 has become useless since I moved here (Gaspésie). I wanted to buy a FP2 but would live to make sure that it would be working with Koodo or Virgin. Any advice (you or anyone!)?

Also can I call Koodo/Virgin tech employees to know if it would work? Can they garantee it?

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Catherine

1 Like

It might not give you an instant answer, but will certainly get you closer to it:

You will probably need to find out about your potential provider’s band as well to find the definitive answer :slight_smile:

Thanks for the links! :slight_smile: Most of the providers I asked to were not able to tell me this information and were just asking me to try to put a SIM in it… The thing is I want to be sure before ordering the phone! ^^

3 Likes

@CathCw Sure it Will work on koodoo, used my FP2 with then flawlessly for almost a year before moving with Rogers. You won’t have LTE though but won’t notice any difference using FP2

1 Like

@aerler I asked my family member to open the phone, remove all plastics that make it new and send it in another box. Custom declaration: “forgotten phone”. Can’t have any issue with that.

3 Likes

Living in Montreal, having my FP2 since almost a year now. Was part of the very first preorderer. I used it on Koodoo without 4G/LTE as it should be the case with all others providers. Lately moved to Rogers thanks to an awesome company package deal and discovered that Rogers has a LTE backup frequency which is in European range. I am now in LTE :smiley:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Cheers Fairphone Comrades

3 Likes

@petey, please read a topic to the end and then post once in reply to any posts you want to refer to. :slight_smile: You can either quote someone else’s post (mark text with cursor and press “quote reply”) or refer to someone using @user.

Oops sorry, not regular enough on that forum, I realized too late that something wasn’t going as expected :wink: Thanks for the tips

2 Likes

Interesting idea! Does it come with an instruction manual or anything like that? You wont send this with your “forgotten” phone, right? But I guess you could send this separately as a letter…

1 Like

Look at this unboxing video. That’s the packaging of your FP2 (with “regular” case). There is actually a little “instruction manual” included as this is legally required. But you don’t really need it, the usage is obvious. If you really want to see the “instruction manual”, you can download a PDF here.

5 Likes

Hi

is there a place I can order and have ship to Montreal, Quebec, Canada?

Thank you!

Fairphone doesn’t ship to outside Europe. You’ll have to use one of the methods talked about above.

1 Like

Sadly I doesn’t know anybody who live in Europe.

There are a couple of mail services that forward mail, which could be an option.
For example like this one:

1 Like

Alternatively, go to our marketplace and ask the sellers there if they are willing to ship to Canada.

2 Likes

Hi @Jonnydark, I’m really interested in the “Canuck Fairphone” movement, as you call it. I’d seen that Fairphone doesn’t ship to North America. I’m a journalist based in Toronto and would love to talk and perhaps arrange an interview or meeting. Are you based in Toronto? Thanks and hope to speak with you soon.

1 Like