Hidden SSID problem - FP3

Hello everyone, I have a Fairphone 3 and for security reasons I configured my WIFI SSIDs as hidden, but I discovered that I can’t connect to it now that they are hidden. I am connected via my laptop and I don’t have any problems with it, I tried to connect with my phone several times without luck, any ideas?

Thank you.

Forum search says …

3 Likes

Thanks for the help! Problem solved!

2 Likes

You might want to read some more information about hiding SSIDs, before considering this as being “more secure”. As I understand the technical situation, hiding the SSID does not hinder anyone with network knowledge finding out the name anyway, rather this fact attracts hackers because it signals an access point which thinks it needs additional security without real know-how. In addition, computers usually connecting to the hidden wifi are more vulnerable to connecting to a fake access point.
As a starter, see
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_cloaking.
Searching for “hidden ssid wifi security” gives many more explanations.

Well, I read the wikipedia article and yeah… in my case I don’t have to worry about advanced users getting into my wi-fi but as I see I’ll just stick to a good password. Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.