Hi! FP3plus and LineageOS and unlocked bootloader, How can I do a factory reset to have the FairphoneOS back on it?

Hi! FP3plus and LineageOS and unlocked bootloader, How can I do a factory reset to have the FairphoneOS back on it?

My question is, do I have to relock the bootloader at some point?
Also do I need to find the same Fairphone OS with the same security patch of LineageOS installed or is there a quicker way to restore to original settings and lock the bootloader procedure?

Need some help here, thanks

Hi,
I think you’ll find everything you need here.

Before you start, think carefully about which version of FPOS you wish to install, taking into account the fact that with Android 13 there are issues such as the reduced security accreditation of the fingerprint sensor, I’m sure you’ve read all about that.

I haven’t encountered all of these by any means.

As far as I know there’s no intrinsic obligation to re-lock the bootloader.

If you have any other questions, don’t forget to say which version of LineageOS you’re using at the moment. It might be useful to say why you’re moving, so people can orient their replies usefully.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the reply, I am running lineageOs 20 with latest security patch of November, the latest available, I also remember that I flashed gapps or mind the gapps to have the framework to run certain auth apps. Anyway I was thinking to go switch to FP3-6.A.022.1-gms-6a94c7a3 with fastboot as I understood being the only method.

Also I just wanted to revert the phone to an original state to give it a second life. My thinking was, after reading few things, erase everything with fastboot, flash the new FPOS with fastboot and then relock the bootloader.

Would that work? or I am incurring in critical scenarios because missing something?

Thanks