Help wanted: Battery idle mode with root but without Acc

Dear fellow fairphoners,
I am looking for the ones of you with a rooted phone, but without the Acc magisk module installed.

iodéOS offers with its Smart Charging feature the possibility to stop charging when a predefined battery level is reached.
Acc offers battery idle mode on top to run the phone just on USB power so your battery doesn’t empty again as long as you don’t unplug it afterwards (beside self-discharge) and at the same time doesn’t get stressed by constant recharging. This is especially interesting while using your phone with USB tethering or preventing it to start discharging again if you load it just to a certain level overnight.

I requested the implementation of a feature in iodéOS similar to the ACC idle mode.

Because we get different results, it would be interesting to check the behavior of your phone regarding the following aspect:
If you echo 0 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_enabled (root needed) while your FP4 is currently charging, but not fully charged, how does it affect the charging process?
cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/input_suspend should still return 0 afterwards.
Which value do you get for cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/current_now? 0 would mean that your battery is in idle mode.

These kernel nodes should exist on LineageOS based ROMs. I don’t know about FPOS, but it’s very likely, since Acc doesn’t contain any vendor specific overlays for Fairphone.
For restoring the original state, just restart your device or echo 1 > /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charging_enabled.

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.