🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Heat tolerance user feedback / Hitzeverträglichkeit

:uk:

So, now both were finally there, our new stove and finally a Fairphone. After a month of normal use, i watched a video on the device and cleaned the stove, or the other way around. In any case, the video was over too quickly and the Fairphone, as it lay there in the baking compartment, no longer drew attention to itself. The oven was fired and after a good hour of complete disregard of the strange new smell then the horrifying realization: FUCK, THE PHONE IS STILL ON THE OVEN!

The glowing hot part taken away, somehow unwound the original case and the back cover and leave it for now. Everything did not look appetizing but survivable. The battery was swollen, the plastic of the individual components was shiny and deformed, and the back cover was no longer usable. After an hour, I wanted to make sure that I only had trash lying around, so I inserted the battery and turned the thing on. That even worked with the charging cable. And not only that, pretty much all functions have been preserved. Only the camera takes milky pictures because the lens has melted. But only the back camera. Phone off again, order new battery and back cover and now I have my (almost) fully functional Fairphone 4 in hand writing my baking-story here in the forum. Apart from my carelessness, and yes, I am aware of how stupid I acted (both with the oven and later with the blown battery), this is a good example of the robustness and durability of this smartphone. I will soon change the camera module and look forward for updates that will make it usable at some point. I am fully satisfied with the phone up to this point and am curious what will happen to me with it.

:de:

So, jetzt war also beides endlich da, unser neuer Kaminofen und endluch mal ein Fairphone. Und zwar das ganz neue, garnicht mal so günstige Fairphone 4. Nach nem Monat üblichen Gebrauchs mal wieder ein Video auf dem Apparat geschaut und nebenbei den Ofen sauber gemacht, oder anders rum. Redenfalls war das Video zu schnell vorbei und und das Fairphone, wie es da so im Backfach lag, hat nicht mehr auf sich aufmerksam gemacht. Der Ofen wurde befeuert und nach er guten Stunde völligem missachtens des komischen neuem Geruchs dann die schreckende Erkenntnis: FUCK, DAS HANDY LIEGT NOCH AUFM OFEN!

Das glühend heiße Teil da weggeholt, irgendwie die originale Hülle und das Backcover abgepult und erstmal liegen lassen. Sah alles nicht appetitlich aber überlebensfähig aus. Der Akku war aufgebläht, der Kunststoff der einzelnen Komponenten hat geglänzt und sich verformt, das Backcover war nicht mehr zu gebrauchen. Nach ner Stunde wollte ich mir mal sicher gehen dass ich nur noch Müll da liegen hab und hab den Akku eingesetzt und das Teil angeschaltet. Das hat mit Ladekabel sogar funktioniert. Und nicht nur das, so ziemlich alle Funktionen sind erhalten geblieben. Nur die Kamera macht milchige Bilder da die Linse geschmolzen ist. Aber auch nur die Rückseitenkamera. Handy wieder aus, neuen Akku und Backcover bestellen und jetzt hab ich mein (nahezu) voll Funktionstüchtiges Fairphone 4 in der Hand schreib hier mal meine Back-Story ins Forum. Mal abgesehen von meiner Unachtsamkeit, und ja, mir ist bewußt wie blöd ich da gehandelt habe (sowohl mit Ofen als auch später mit dem geblähtem Akku), ist dass doch ein schönes Beispiel für die Robustheit und Erhaltbarkeit dieses Smartphones. Demnächst werde ich noch das Kameramodul wechseln und freue mich auf baldige Updates die dieses irgendwann brauchbar machen. Bin bis hierhin aber voll zufrieden mit dem Telefon und bin gespannt was mir damit noch so passiert.

11 Likes

Hi, quite amazing, and that long hair, I’m surprised you could see the movie and no wonder you couldn’t find the phone. :slight_smile:

The FP4 is HOTTT! :metal:

Reminds me of when I melted an electric plastic kettle on the stove … :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Thanks for merging! Indeed it is! I want to flash Lineage the next days and am curious if I like it like cyanogen back in the days.

2 Likes

some more stories

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.