Has anybody received the latest security update yet?

Hi,
Got a reply from support saying they were glad I could update my phone after all and that they would forward the issue internally.
In my answer I did raise the fact that, as Orange has about 40% of the french mobile operating market, a very significant amount of the FP3s sold on their website to french customers were probably not updated…
And I wouldn’t count on the owners to feel concerned with the issue… When I talk to my colleagues/friends/family about security updates, Lineage, privacy…etc, most of look look at me as if I’m from another planet!

3 Likes

Hi,

I have the same issue. I bought my FP3 from Sosh ( Orange).

I am pretty sure I updated my phone at least once. My Update is from the 5th of october.
Updating with no sim did not work. As I bought my from from an operator I is surely sim locked…

It is a shame…

Hope that your info to the support will bring some movement and solve this issue.

Updated my company phone (Samsung) with orange as operator, no problem to get the latest update ( Nov 2019)

Fairphones are not simlocked.

4 Likes

hiiiijiisdfszfzsfzsedf !!!
it works !!!

perfectly right !
i have double sim
data was on orange SIM
i switch data do free mobile
and here is the UPDATE !!!
youuuuuuhouuuuuuu

shame on orange

5 Likes

Hi,

The same for me. Inserted a sim card from Bouygues and the updating worked…

Hope orange will modify this. Might be a dreamer writing this…

3 Likes

I have just received the FP3 A.0110 update :slightly_smiling_face:

Description:

Downloading…

5 Likes

Same here, updating too!

1 Like

The update has appeared for me too :slight_smile:

1 Like

It looks like Fairphone fixed the audio issues in the Camera app in this update!! :clap::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Updating here, too. No staged rollout this time?

Hi,

I received too. Looks like it works now with Sosh ( orange) also/again!

Oh, it is staged. Ain’t there for me yet.

Surprisingly, for me it worked on the second check for an update. :angel:

Anyone grabbed the URL for the OTA update?

Since the update I can shot down this notification. Have you the same problem ?

You can deactivate that app.

2 Likes

How can I do this?
The update is shown for me, but I can’t install it because of TWRP. But I could load it and try to grab the url.

2 Likes

Here is an how to :

2 Likes

I’m downloading it right now.

1 Like

Same here. This the the Search Engince Choice that Google agreed to as a concession to the EC. But something seems to have gone wrong here. I will open a ticket with the support.

2 Likes