GrapheneOS for FP3

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a possibility to build GrapheneOS for FP3.
Is FP3 fulfilling the hardware requirements?
If so: How much work (educated guess) would it take? Anyone interested in this project?
(I am new to Android/mobile/building OS`s, but would love to dig into this.)

Cheers,
Chris

From your link:

In the current early stage of the project, GrapheneOS provides production releases for the Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL. The recommended devices with the best hardware, firmware and software security along with the longest future support time are the Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.

Hardware feature-wise I only know that the Pixel 3a has a similar camera as the FP3.

The project has a detailed description of how target devices are chosen. It seems like Google does some things right with their Pixel devices when it comes to security. So it would be a good idea for Fairphone to talk with GrapheneOS about their wishlist for supported devices.

Other security-focused projects that only support Pixel devices have some arguments too.

HashbangOS:

Unless a vendor decides to produce source repos with at least the quality of AOSP we will only support AOSP supported devices which today means the Pixel series of mobile handsets.

RattlesnakeOS:

Being able to get monthly AOSP security updates for a device is a requirement for this project. Google provides proper AOSP releases every month for Pixel devices which makes it very simple to build and stay up to date with monthly security updates - most vendors don’t provide this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.