Getting cut off on calls

I am quite new to Fairphone so apologies if the answer to this is obvious or outlined somewhere already. I have a Fairphone 2. When I’m on a call I quite often get cut off, I think it might be to do with the sensor or the screen lock but it’s annoying! Any solutions?

The other thing is, it goes to screen lock very quickly. Is there any way to lengthen this?

Thanks

You may try sensor calibration: FP2 Screen can't be reactivated during/after calls - See first post for Workarounds

Screen lock: settings->display->sleep

I’ve read this post, thanks. It’s not that the screen is going black during a call, it’s that I’m getting cut off. I’ve used the Proximity Sensor tool but maybe that’s not the problem. What do you think?

It might be that you’re cut off because of the screen NOT going black during a call (maybe related to proximmity sensor) and so there’s the danger of getting cut off unintentionally by touching the hangup button with your cheek. You may try to manually disable screen during a call by pressing on/off button and see if problem disappeares then.

1 Like

I tried that today and yes, I wasn’t cut off at all. I don’t think the screen is going black during a call. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thank you.

If the screen doesn’t get black, it’s almost certainly due to a issue with the proximity sensor. Cleaning and/or recalibrating the sensor will probably fix your issues. See the link @Volker posted above :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.