🇬🇧 🇪🇸 Software trouble? ¿Teléfono inutilizado por software?

My FPIs it turned off by his own way this evening when I was working. When I put it to charge it didn’t work. The home screen appears but Android doesn’t run, and after a few minutes, a white lines appear until cover in “pink” the full screen.

If I wait a few minutes I unlock the screen whit a short touch in the buttom I enter the pin and the phone works for some minutes, but if I let the screen go off, it’s “pink” again when I press the button

What’s happening? I don’t install new apps since months ago

Thanks,
Paula

Esta tarde estaba trabajando y tenía el móvil en la mesa y cuando me he fijado he visto que se había apagado.
Lo he puesto a cargar y en lugar de encenderse la luz roja, se encendía en verde pero la pantalla no respondía a un toque normal del botón de encendido. Lo he reiniciado y salía bien la pantalla negra de Fairphone pero después de quedarse así un rato le slen un par de líneas raras en la parte superior y se queda “atascado” hasta que se pone toda la pantalla como rosa.
Si dejo que la pantalla se apague puedo desbloquearla a toque de botón, meter el pin y usar el teléfono normalmente, pero como se apague de nuevo vuelve al rosa y ya no va. Actualicé con la periódica de Fairphone recientemente, ¿podría ser por eso? Porque no he instalado nada nuevo desde hace meses…

Gracias,
Paula.

This morning the phone not works at all. The “pink” screen is the only thing I get if I reboot. I can’t connect it with my computer to save my information to make a factory data reset.
Someone could help me?

Nada, esta mañana está aún peor. Ha saltado la alarma a mi hora pero ya no iba nada. Estoy guardando las fotos desde mi cuenta de gmail porque no me deja ni conectar el móvil al ordenador. Voy a guardarlas todas (de una en una, manda narices) y a dejarlo en modo fábrica…
Un teléfono de 600 pavos y dos años de pisapapeles, ahí es nada.

I suggest following Fairphone Support’s troubleshooter. Your issue appears to be the one described under ‘Display’ > ‘I see a broken or coloured pixels image’. If you run into any issues following the instructions, check to see whether they’ve been discussed in the topic over here.

1 Like

I don’t think so because last night the screen worked after a few minutes, but I’m going to try.
Thanks a lot.

I’ve remove the screen and clean the contacts and after one hour the screen works. But only works for a few minutes, when the screen turn off, I can’t use it any more! The screen isn’t broken, just crazy.

Are you sure you realigned it 100% correctly when remounting the display?
When I remounted my display yesterday, the touch function was lost (even if the display looked to be mounted ok) until I pushed the display up a bit further (< 0.1 mm).
The problem is a bit different, just wanted to point out that exact alignment of the display / contacts might be crucial.

Bien, compré una nueva pantalla y el problema sigue igual. He iniciado la devolución tras recibirla, veremos a ver qué tal funciona ese servicio. Se ve que la única solución es sustituir el módulo central, con un coste de más de 370€ en un teléfono que jamás ha recibido un golpe, cuidado y mimado y que se ha estropeado solo dos meses después de que expire la garantía. ¿Así queremos cambiar el mundo? Estoy muy decepcionada con el teléfono.

Well, I bought a new display module and the phone is still crazy. I’ve started a return, I hope that this service works properly. It’s seems that I have to buy a new core module, that cost more than 370€, for a phone that has never been dropped or hit and that has broken down by itself only two months after the warranty expires.

Is this how we want to change the world? I’m really DISAPPOINTED with my FP2.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.