🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Random reboots with (official) Lineage OS?

Ich bin ziemlich sicher, dass das nicht war, was er meinte. Firmware bezieht sich auf den Teil, der in LineageOS selber nicht enthalten ist. Unter dem Hashtag #modemfiles hier im Forum findest du eine gute Erklärung zur Firmware und wie man sie aktualisiert.

1 Like

modem-firmware version: 18.03.1

@StevenHachel mind trying this again. https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zppjtdotm54ncx/boot-cm14.1-stock-prima.img?dl=0

If it fixes it, I’ll push it - for real this time.

Chris

4 Likes

Thanks, I will test it. :grin:

Steven

So? Does it work better?

Chris

1 Like

Hello, I’m only in the company again next week. Then let me know by the end of next week. :grin:

Steven

fastboot boot *-prima.img, right?

fastboot flash boot nameofbootimage

ahhh… sorry :slight_smile: Danke dir :smiley:

Yes, it works perfectly. :grin:

3 Likes

still working fine? @StevenHachel

Yes, still working fine. :grin:

Steven

I have merged the change. Next official lineage build should have it

Chris

6 Likes

Did it resolve the issues? @StevenHachel

Yes, that solved the problem. :smiley: Big THX!

Steven

2 Likes

Hello,

This is a really long thread, so please excuse me if I am missing something.

My Fairphone 2 running LineageOS is experiencing random reboots. I see that @chrmhoffmann might have introduced a solution into a recent LineageOS update, and I have a fully updated LineageOS 14.1 build dated 20 June 2018 installed on my Fairphone 2.

With this version of LineageOS, my phone still experiences random reboots, albeit less frequently than before. Right now, I get 1-2 reboots per day, most often when the phone is plugged in and charging when I am not using it. I notice the reboots because I hear the clicking sound that comes from the phone decryption screen during boot.

I also followed the official troubleshooting guide and eliminated a faulty power switch, loose battery, faulty battery frame, and bad SIM card as possibilities. The official guide asks me to get screenshots of Settings > Maintenance > Hiccup > Hiccup information , and Settings > About phone pages. Here is the “About phone” screenshot:

But I can’t find the “Hiccup information” screen, how do I get it?

Also, is there anything else I can try to track down why I am still having random reboots with the latest LineageOS installed? I rely on my Fairphone 2 for morning alarms, and I will miss those alarms if the phone reboots and gets stuck on the decryption screen while I am asleep!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not at all when using LOS, afaik. Hiccup is a diagnostic tool added by Fairphone to FPOS.
Not sure if it is available e.g. in Play Store and if it would be working with LOS at all. The only secure way to rule out it’s a problem with Lineage (which isn’t officially supported by Fairphone) but with the FP2 hardware would be to switch to either FPOS or FP Open OS.

Yes, it is:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fairphone.hiccup.app
Latest update is of March 9th 2018.
Requires Android 5.0 or above; but the header states, that “Fairphone OS 1.9.3” is required. Of course 1.9.3 is Android 5; it just makes me wonder, if it really needs the Fairphone-Version?

1 Like

I can’t find it using Yalp on LOS, so this might point to the fact that it indeed requires FPOS or FP Open.
Maybe someone running LOS w/ GApps / Play installed could try to make sure?