🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Random reboots with (official) Lineage OS?

I could not see any exception in your latest log files, so I guess your reboot issue is caused by some hardware fault.

When do the reboots occur? While the battery is being charged or not?

The battery was charged at this moment.
Charging status never exceeds 90% because I use the app “Byttery Charge limit”.

Steven

1 Like

A general question, as I don’t have a clue how anything works…

There has been a problem with newly produced FP2s (or FP2.5 if you will) which have some updated parts inside as the various suppliers change. They are having some random reboots

The cause of the issue is an updated memory package. Engineers at Fairphone, Qualcomm and our manufacturer have been working to resolve it. The update developed by our software team adjusts the memory interface parameters to solve this stability problem

A software update is going to be available at some point soon. Could there be a similar change needed for LOS?

5 Likes

Official modem.zip for #LineageOS would be very nice, at least an information that LOS users should be aware there IS a new version and that action should be taken…

Just check #modemfiles every now and then to see if there is a new file.

Hello,
new last_kmsg file.

Battery was not charged.

I don’t really experience these reboots on my LineageOS device. Could it be that the cause for these random reboots affects devices sold especially after August '17? Then it could be the same what is described by @Douwe in: FP2 random reboots - see #rebootsguide for help for which Fairphone is going to deliver a patch soon in their Android version. Maybe something could be adopted for LineageOS in this case?

3 Likes

Until fp releases the fix, there’s not much point discussing or speculating here. I also won’t rollback the wifi driver until the fp change is out - and proven not fixing this.

Chris

3 Likes

I have a reboot in connection with the Apple Router @work.
Here is the logfile.

@anon43238275, any idea?

cheers
Steven

Hey @anon43238275,

I have to reboot at least twice or three times a week. :frowning: Here is the last_kmsg file.

greetz
Steven

This topic was automatically closed after 183 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hallo,

ich hatte schon einmal im englischen Thread versucht, dieses Problem zu schildern, aber das ist irgendwie nicht mehr weiter von den Entwicklern verfolgt worden.

Nun hatte ich heute dreimal nach einander Reboots und seit dem läuft es wieder stabil. Diese Reboots habe ich nur auf Arbeit in Verbindung mit einem Apple Router.
Anbei ein Link zu dem letzten last_kmsg File.

Mein englisch ist halt nicht so gut, darum versuche ich es mal auf deutsch.

Alter Thread:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/random-reboots-with-official-lineage-os/34657/220

Internal error: Oops: 5 [#1] PREEMPT SMP ARM Modules linked in: CPU: 0 Tainted: G W (3.4.0-perf-g99b126c #1) PC is at wlan_hdd_tdls_is_progress+0xb0/0x184 LR is at get_parent_ip+0x10/0x2c pc : [<c083d2e8>] lr : [<c01e20f8>] psr: 60000013 sp : e7acfb00 ip : e7acfad0 fp : e8d6c020 r10: e8d6c000 r9 : 00000000 r8 : 00000000 r7 : f483f400 r6 : 00000001 r5 : 00000020 r4 : 00d6c020 r3 : e7819500 r2 : 00000200 r1 : 00000000 r0 : 00000000 Flags: nZCv IRQs on FIQs on Mode SVC_32 ISA ARM Segment user Control: 10c5787d Table: 2783c06a DAC: 00000015

Ist der Fehler. Ist im kernel bei der Authentifizierung des wlans.
Da kann man nur als Entwickler am kernel was machen. Ggf. Direkt bei lineageos auf github nen bzgreport schreiben?

1 Like

Wie beschrieben, habe ich das nur in meiner Firma in Verbindung mit dem Apple Wlan Router. Ansonsten habe ich keine Reboots.

Es gab schon mal ein Image von ihm, was das behoben hat. Aber diese Änderungen wurden irgendwie nie übernommen in die aktuellen Builds. Ich dachte, evtl. hat da einer von euch einen besonderen Draht zu dem Entwickler…
Ich danke dir für den Hinweis. :slight_smile:

I speak also German :slight_smile:

I didn’t have time recently to look into this. What helped for @StevenHachel was going back to a copy of the driver from Fairphone kernel. There must be something that breaks apple routers between the last commit of fairphone and caf (LA.BF.1.1.3_rb1.15), but I am not able to figure out which commit breaks.

Do you btw have the latest fairphone firmware images flashed?

Chris

1 Like

I cannot find the older kmsgs from you. They have disappeared from the google drive. Can you upload more kernel crashes again please?

Chris

Hey Chris, i have been able to recover two more files. Hope it helps for the analysis.

Steven

Do you btw have the latest fairphone firmware images flashed?

Hallo Chris, ja, es ist immer das aktuelleste Image drauf, was ihr wöchentlich veröffentlicht. :slight_smile:

Steven