🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Random reboots with (official) Lineage OS?

As far as I know, until now only @StevenHachel reported one reboot with your latest build, and that crash - again - seems to be related to the Apple router in his office. As long as nobody else will post another unrelated reboot, I believe that your intensive effort to fix the WiFi issue of @StevenHachel might have fixed another problem, possibly some memory corruption, and your hard work has been worth while so far.

Indeed, thank you very, very much for your commitment, it is very appreciated! :point_up: Please, keep it up! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly, the restart took place in the office with the Apple router. :slight_smile:

Steven

1 Like

If you can imagine memory issues, it might be worth considering doing a memory test. Seems like there is a port of memtester for Android (needs self-compiling), maybe this could be worth a try?:

2 Likes

@chrmhoffmann, I’ve installed yesterday’s LOS build (together with your boot_rollback.img) today in the morning. Haven’t seen a reboot since (but to be honest, I haven’t found the time to use the phone very much today). But no reboot so far is good news imho. So, thanks for the image, I’ll keep you updated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still without random reboots today! :slight_smile: Not even a single one, all day long. :slight_smile:
So, :thumbsup: from my side

Thanks, @chrmhoffmann!

2 Likes

For me it is also very stable. Unless I use my (Apple) WLAN on work, it crashes at some point.
With your bootimage the Bluetooth does not work anymore, right?

2 Likes

Correct Bluetooth is broken with your special boot image as I need to revert stuff on the device tree.

Chris

2 Likes

So, unfortunately, as there have been reports of random reboots, I decided to roll-back kernel. SIGH

Big breath…

Kernel is now still

• CAF merged rb1.15 also for prima (wifi)
  • alarm timers remerged
  • seccomp enabled
  • f2fs capable
  • latest fairphone kernel merged

What is gone: linux stable merge (kernel reports again 3.4.0), linux common merges.
I think I have to go through all CVEs again to see what is not fixed :frowning:

This hopefully will reduce device reboots.

Chris

7 Likes

Thank you for all the work.

Steven

2 Likes

@StevenHachel @struppi please update on tuesday with new image and keep reporting random reboots. Looks like not all problems will be solved (notabily the one that is potentially connected to apple wifi routers).

Chris

4 Likes

No reboots for the last six days from last Tuesday til today! I am really pleased, but is it possible with the next update to get Bluetooth back?

1 Like

@chrmhoffmann For our test images that will probably not come in first, right?

1 Like

You will not need to flash test image anymore. With the next update from lineage you should have the same as in test image (with working Bluetooth).

Chris

5 Likes

Does it make sense to continue to crash my phone under the Apple router?
Do not turn the WLAN on at work anymore …

@chrmhoffmann if so, should I restore the last bootimage of you?

1 Like

I’ll make you a new one based on the official kernel later this week. For now, please use the official one. If you don’t mind please report the last kmsg a few times.

Chris’s

2 Likes

I’ve updated to the latest nightly - not had a single reboot since.

While in the car I had bluetooth activated and used my FP2 as a media player - previously a reboot would happen after maybe 10+ mins of playback, but didn’t happen at all.

Phone also charged above 90% without restarting too.

So it seems more stable.

4 Likes

Great news!

Did you charge your phone in the car while Bluetooth was enabled and paired?

Charged while on bluetooth and paired

1 Like

@chrmhoffmann do these changes you made also have to be backported to the official FPOS or are they specific to LOS?

So far it is running very stable. :grin: great job.

3 Likes