🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Mobile network keeps disconnecting

Hi Sarah_HH and everybody,

so support request + succesfull guarantee repair are done and my FP ist back since roundabout 10 days. Like your phone Sarah_HH they changed the Motherboard and everything is fine again. I didn´t count the days at all but distribution was fast, via DHL Express with pickup Service, and repairingprocess took only 2 Days. So I say Thanks for the fast and satisfying Service.

Regards

2 Likes

Dear all,

both of my sim cards of my FP1U repeatedly and frequently log themselves off (at the same time) and I have to reactivate them. My sister has that same problem, though it doesn’t occur as often. Just yesterday we were speaking on the phone and while we were talking her sim cards logged off and she lost all network connection!

So I would like to ask how many of you have experienced the same problem (not only mobile data connection but ALL connection fails) and how many have actually sent their phone in to be repaired. (how does that work actually? who pays for the delivery?) I am really frustrated because this is happening for several weeks now and several times per day…

I’m grateful for any advice (english or german). Best regards!

I experienced this during my first year with FP1 several times a week, but only with my German SIM card from Congstar, not with my Spanish one (Yoigo). Then I read an article that a certain version of Congstar SIMs have compatiblility problems with certain phones (due to voltage issues, I think). I ordered a new SIM a year ago and now everything works fine :smile: . So it might be a SIM problem…

1 Like

I don’t believe it’s a sim card problem. my 2 sim cards loose network connection too and I have 2 different providers. seems to be a hardware problem to me…

It could be an old SIM card. I have two SIM cards in my phone:

1. A1, which is only 6 month old.
  2. T-Mobile, probably 2 years old, maybe more (got it from a colleague).

Now when I have both activated, they sometimes disconnect at the same time (both of them!). In the holidays I have not activated the T-Mobile one (it’s from my job) and the A1 never disconnected.

So I think an old or faulty SIM card can collapse both SIM cards. If the old SIM card is deactivated, the new one never disconnects.