🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Generic battery to replace FP1 battery (⚠️see first post for warning)

hi

You say you have packed the case here with “cable binding” - the only cable binding I know of is the helical sheath type stuff that wraps around the cable - where did you get your material from?

Thanks

I think he means a “cable binder” a.k.a. cable tie.

1 Like

… and he had a picture of it in post No. 29.

1 Like

Hey People

my Mom got the same Problem as everyone and my little Sister as well, so i went online and purchased this much bigger 3600mAh battery as we are sick&tired of recharging every day: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0092KGSFU/ also I went ahead and customized the Blender file for the custom backcover and 3D printed a Case for my Mom, despite some mirroring issues because i forgot at some point to flip the supportstructure that holds the battery in place, my moms phone now lasts 3-4 Days, no cableties or anything, i will fix the blender file in a bit and then upload some files to thingiverse, is that ok for everyone and should i upload the DIY adjusted Blender file on my Patreon or my Website or elsewhere? :slight_smile:

PS: how should i give propper credit to the Fairphone Community? just a link to one or two posts in the forum or should i throw in some Names that i see often?

7 Likes

That sounds great! Thank you for putting in work!

A link to https://fairphone.community seems appropriate, IMO. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to see a battery graph screenshot at one point :slight_smile:

1 Like

how do i do that? :smiley: i can ask my mom to do it, don’t have the phone here but if it’s easy, should be possible :slight_smile:

Simultaneously press the “volume down” and “power” buttons. :slight_smile:

ok but that only does the screenshot right? AAAAh i think the graph should be at the same place across the operating systems :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll find it! :wink: If not, just ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like

this modern technology with all it’s swiping and touching feels so complicated for a serveradmin like me xD

3 Likes

is this the one? :slight_smile: she said she charged on Sept 22., then Sept 26. and then Oct 2. or Oct. 3 propably 3. because of the 1d 4h :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, thank you! You can also tap on the grey graph to get a different view and a few more info, but it’s not that urgent for me. :slight_smile:

my mom actually sent me that as well i was just unsure how that graph differs that much that the rest would be interesting :smiley:

3 Likes

her phone goes to standby from 22:00 to 6:30, now this happened :smiley: no charging was done

Well, at least it hints for reasons in the changing of the curve of battery status. And the curve is more detailed, because the vertical (Y-)axis is longer.

1 Like

Yep, the phone doesn’t know yet how to handle the much bigger battery. :joy: You should take it down to 0% once (until it turns off) and then charge it in one go so that the battery can be calibrated.

3 Likes

things are slowly getting more and more interesting :slight_smile:

update: 20:45 - the phone is still running
update next morning 6:45 - the phone is again at 18%

Once it runs dry, take out the battery for at least five minutes, then first plug in the charger into the phone and then put the battery back into the phone. Let it charge without switching on until the LED turns green (“Battery Reset FP1”, see #batteryguide). Maybe that can make the curve steady.

3 Likes

it ran dry today at 11:30 :smiley: i’d call that a week, will see what the graph shows once it’s reset ^^

3 Likes