🇬🇧 🇩🇪 Generic battery to replace FP1 battery (⚠️see first post for warning)

Ich habe den Akku von Akku-King mit 1.800 mAh.
Da steht in der Produktbeschreibung: Überlade-, Hitze- und Kurzschlussschutz
Kompatibel ist der Hitzeschutz mit dem FP1(U) allerdings nicht. Mein Akku ist durchgängig 23 °C warm. :wink:

Für den Jubatec kann ich keine Aussage treffen. Die Bilder geben dafür nichts her und die Beschreibung ist auch sehr schwammig formuliert.

Die angegebenen 36 Monate Garantie sind im Ernstfall auch nicht viel Wert, wenn der Akku für 500 Ladzyklen angegeben ist.

Ich würde wohl auch jetzt wieder den Akku-King nehmen.
Die beiden Akkus, die ich von denen habe, erledigen bei uns jedenfalls ihre Aufgabe.

2 Likes

Ich hab nochmals nachgefragt und folgende Antwort erhalten:

Sehr geehrte Frau Giesinger,

selbstverständlich sind unsere Produkte CE zertifiziert - immerhin sitzen & verkaufen wir in Deutschland.

Der Akku hat neben dem Überhitzungsschutz selbstverständlich auch den Schutz gegen Überladung, Tiefenentladung und Kurzschluss.
Weiters kommen unsere Akkus mit 36 Monaten Garantie, die Garantiebedingungen finden Sie hier: http://jubatec.eu/agb/garantiebedingungen-fuer-jubatec-akkus-in-deutschland/

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

• René Steg -
3 Likes

Danke jedenfalls für alle Rückmeldungen und die Hilfe :smile:!

Das sogenannte CE-Zeichen ist übrigens KEIN SICHERHEITSMERKMAL und KEIN QUALITÄTSMERKMAL.

Der Hersteller bzw. Inverkehrbringer ist innerhalb der EU vielmehr dazu verpflichtet, SELBST zu erklären, dass das verkaufte Produkt den grundlegenden Anforderungen der EU entspricht.
Da wird also nichts vorher vom TÜV oder sonst einer Instituton getestet, geprüft, geschweige denn zertifiziert.

5 Likes

Hat einer mal Ersatzakkus für ein S3 probiert? Sind genauso breit, nur ca 9mm kürzer.

Ansonsten hab ich noch diese beiden gefunden, die aber ne Mindestabnahmemenge von 100 bzw 500 Stück haben.

Oder hab ich mich bei allen verguckt und Pluspol und Minuspol sind genau seitenverkehrt?

6 mm dick, da geht der Deckel leider nicht mehr zu.
Siehe Fairphone 1 battery facts

Ach mist…stimmt, Originalakku hat 5mm…

… es sei denn, man greift zu Gerrits höchst formschöner Lösung :wink:

Wäre aber natürlich eine tolle Lösung mit 2100 mAh.

Has anyone tried out whether a FP2 battery fits inside a FP1?

Uh? Please don’t, they are two very different batteries. Please remember that phone batteries are designed and certified for the phone they are part of.

3 Likes

Just measuring a real FP2 battery would probably show it’s too long. I just roughly calculated/estimated its height from the iFixit photo and it should measure around 65-66 mm in height (FP1 battery: 61 mm).

UPDATE: By now I have been able to measure. The maximum extension (height) of the FP2 battery is 66 mm.

1 Like

The Huawei battery is also a very different battery. :upside_down_face: It’s of course all on people’s own risk!

3 Likes

As a private person it’s okay to do all the testing of various replacement batteries and blow yourselves up? Nah, i just don’t agree. I really think the aftercare of FP1 needs improving (i don’t approve of the decision to stop., i consider it against your own principles). Fairphone is foregoing it’s own principles acting like a big company covering it’s own ass from incidents happening with the FP1 battery. I understand the choice, but it was not the choice in accordance with your principles / the fundaments of this tribe.

My hubbie just removed the battery out of my FP1 which was seriously jammed because of bloating

Via work (ministry) i landed myself a FP2, which serves me well. Only i promised the FP1 to my 8yr old son, who now has to go without. …his frst ventures with a phone. I am not buying him a phone, but i would like him to experience a good first phone…
Jong geleerd oud gedaan

1 Like

I would not agree as well to blowing yourself up.
Therefor it’s good, that you don’t have to. The Huawei battery is being used - according to this forum - by a lot of people. My wife and me, we are using those in our FP1 since July and August 2017 without any problems.
And - as Samsung has proved beyond reasonable doubt - new and original batteries can blow up with lots of public appeal as well.
It is your decision of course, just from my experience I can only encourage you to reactivate your FP1 with one of the generic batteries! In my opinion the risk is no higher than with any other phone.

As to Fairphone acting against their principles:
I would say yes and no, if I got it right.
Yes, the promise of longevity and repairability (and software-updates) could not be kept any longer. The end of line for software updates was ultimately decided by the chip manufacturer.
When it comes to sustainability and protection of the environment it’s a bit different.
To keep batteries, displays etc. available, they would have had to find a manufacturer. That would have been possible.
To get the manufacturer produce a battery or a display, the order would have had to be big enough. So they would have had to order either (1) lots of devices or (2) a limited number of devices at quite high prices.
(1) would have lead to a lot of devices that in the end would have ended in recycling.
(2) would have lead to prices no one would have been willing to pay (go back to (1)) or a substantial financial loss for Fairphone, possibly ending the movement altogether.

As I see it, there really was no alternative, even if would have wished different for our two phones.

2 Likes

Für das Fairphone 1 gibt es jetzt auch einen “Spacer” zum Ersatzakku. Damit lässt sich das Akku im Fairphone 1 fixieren. Ich hab’s ausprobiert, es funktioniert gut.

Hier ein Link dazu:

Liebe Grüße,

Silke

4 Likes

Hi!

I designed an adapter piece for the HB5N1H replacement battery. If someone is interested the design is published here: FP1 Battery Supporter

Cheers,
Kablooie

7 Likes

Looks really cool and sophisticated!

Do you mean HB5N1H?

Thanks! Yes, I mean the HB5N1H.

Are you guys talking about species of influenca virus?

3 Likes